Disable Onboard Video in AMI BIOS

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
G

everything was working fine before..but since i installed the card...got some probs getting on windows... When windows is about to start, it just shows a black screen and the pc restarts again...
Ive got the SAME symptoms that u got..

brucksport

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2009
from what i have seen,,,if the pc was running fine b4 for some time ,,and then you try to add the card it doesnt work.(settings are set for the onboard or whaterver you were running)..for me i had tried to reset the bios on the board manually,,,that didnt work either,,so i had to use a different hard drive(or wipe everything and started with a fresh install, with the card installed)

ladygenius

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2011
The
"1. IGD
2. PCI/IGD
3. PCI/PEG
4. PEG/IGD
5. PEG/PCI"

setting mentioned earlier in the thread is the setting that I can find in the BIOS that deals with which ports/cards are enabled/disabled.

i had the same problem with the PCI express video card. the monitor would never come on but you could hear the click that it is receiving some signal. After reading through this forum i tried almost every suggestion and i reaped success when i changed the Bios settings to PEG/IGD. now my super computer is up and running. Haven't done a video/ graphics test as yet but so far so good. Thanks to you all and good luck as well. :wahoo: :wahoo:

jason9922

Aug 19, 2009
I have the same exact problem BUCK had, nothing is working, not even re installing windows with the card in. This mobo is so bad I can't take it. I tried what she said to and nothing! The cards work fine I have in other comps...