[SOLVED] Disabling a SSD

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jamespromiii

Honorable
Dec 23, 2018
Hey I just got a new laptop (MSI Tuf A15) and it has a nvme drive with an OS on it already, now I transfered my original HDD data to a new SSD but for some reason I can't set the original SSD in bios, any idea what's going on?

Solution
So basically what you're saying is that nvme is tied to the laptop and I'm not able to boot from a different drive? If so that's ridiculous, what happens when i finally do upgrade my drive?

As far asapps and personal files....yes, I have over 150 gig of data that I really don't want to redownload. I have access to the drive when I boot it up but some of the apps aren't functioning right because I can't boot from that drive.
No, its not that the NVMe is tied to the laptop, but rather the old OS is (mostly) tied to that original system.
Windows is not as modular as we'd all like it to be. Moving that to a whole different system often fails, as you're seeing.

"what happens when i finally do upgrade my drive?"
That is NO problem...