DISASSEMBLED: Apple's iPad Tablet

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I wonder if the iPad2 is just as sparce. :)

You have to admit, apple makes use of all their products parts, within each product. The new A5 processor chip (SoC) "System-On-Chip" will also be in the iPhone5, later this year.(2011)

The Toshiba TH58NVG702 chip, is a NAND Flash memory chip, and can be either 16GB and/or 32GB (no sense having Apple "reinvent the wheel" regarding the flash memory. :)

The size of the board is irrelevant being apple makes most of their circuits, and parts, so they may pack more larger circuitry into them.

As is the case with the Graphic Processor, but, it's really, as someone else mentioned, the Operating System (OS) that makes any Apple product unique.

I'm just wondering, and worrying, about a dusturbing bit of info I came across, dealing with apple being able to turn-on the camera(s) or mic's or whatever, ... without the owner knowing it, (for the Iphone anyway)

Look at this link ... http://www.slaw.ca/2010/08/26/iphone-spy-phone/

"iPhone Spy Phone — Slaw"

if apple is going to, or is actually using it now, on the iPhone, the iPad could also have it... in the next OS update, if not already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts