DISASSEMBLED: Apple's iPad Tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
Grrrr.. it's not the full teardown!!?? Why have you put this in the Headline!?

edit: Just to be sure, I am not flaming. I just immediately was expecting a full teardown. Yes. I am sad.

edit2: oooook? Now I went to look again and there are like 10 more images that have been added.

SWEET!

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
Anyway, there isn't much to it. Can't justify spending so much for a bigger touchscreen. I really don't know how much it should be. I payed $299 for my 32GB iTouch so maybe the price is relative. Would be kind of cool to have a big screen like that with a "CONTRACTLESS" 3G payment plan. 30 bucks a month for unlimited 3G doesn't sound bad to me!

zoemayne

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2009
im surprised apple has been using that same connector/charger since the 1st(?) ipod. one would think they would want to upgrade that.

maximus20895

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2009
[citation][nom]nforce4max[/nom]Hmmm doesn't look like much to me except for the LiPo batteries which are dangerous.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Dc [...] RgsXpRNmJINow add iPad to the list.[/citation]

I don't think you can use the same charger. I think I tried charging my iTouch with my 2nd or 3rd gen iPod charger and it won't allow it even though it's the same type charger physically.

So in theory it is worse since you buy a $400 device and are made b/c they don't give you a wall charger. Then you go to your old wires and find your old iPod charger. Yes! You say to your self I just saved $30 and then you plug it in only to find that it doesn't work.

You were pissed off that $400+ dollars doesn't get you a wall charger, to excited/happy that you found your old one, to pissed off again that the old one doesn't work. They put you through all these emotions..

jeraldjunkmail

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2009
[citation][nom]__-_-_-__[/nom]I bet that in some weeks we will have some news about exploding ipads just like we had exploding iphones[/citation]

The cult of Mac needs burned human sacrifices...

As for the "Magical" part, if not fairy dust, than whats your theory on makes it magical? My second one was imps. Yes, little, magical imps. Man, I smell a class-action lawsuit if this thing doesn't give me three wishes...

lauxenburg

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
OMG! Black PCB! I thought those pictures Apple released were just gimmicks but damn I love the sweet smell (yes it smells good) off black PCB.

=)

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]mlopinto2k1[/nom]oooook? Now I went to look again and there are like 10 more images that have been added. SWEET![/citation]

Yeah, like I said in the post, the article was published as Rapid Repair was doing the tear-down. We posted the images as they went live on their site.

This is hilarious its a dam I phone with a bigger screen what a load of crap :wahoo: I can not see this being worth 599 and then have to get an expensive monthly plan for it to work what a load of crap. Apple is pure evil :lol:

aihyah

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2006
it doesn't require 3g:p silly hater.
the j00 j00 and archos 9 prove that its not over priced.
but why argue with reality:p

jmchien

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2009
[citation][nom]lauxenburg[/nom]They put the batteries in blast proof bags...lol[/citation]

The bag packaging is to reduce the weight and volume and allow expansion due to side reactions...it's the same battery packaging in the MacBooks.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]Yeah, like I said in the post, the article was published as Rapid Repair was doing the tear-down. We posted the images as they went live on their site.[/citation]I jumped the gun and didn't read the whole thing. Trust me, I felt stupid. lol. Sorry!!

footsoldier

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2009
This shows how pathetic this ipad is. See how small the board is, i bet is the same board on ipod touch and pump up the graphics ram to display on larger screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.