Question Disconnection issue with portable SSD ?

Jul 3, 2023
I bought a Crucial X9 Pro 4TB Portable SSD for backup on Black Friday last year, and it's had disconnection issue since the first time I used it. I usually backup once a month, and every time I use it, it disconnects at least once. Once it happens, I have to unplug the drive and plug it back in.
I checked the Micron website and there is still no firmware available, so I was wondering if anyone else has had similar issues?
It doesn't happen more than once, but it gets on my nerves. As far as I know, disconnection issue can lead to defect issue eventually.

Lutfij

Titan
What OS are you working with? Make and model of your motherboard? BIOS version for your motherboard ? When the issue crops up, if you're on Windows OS, do you see anything flagged up in Device Manager? Have you tried working with other USB ports? Reinstalled chipset/USB drivers in an elevated command(assuming you're on Windows OS)?

Jul 3, 2023
What OS are you working with? Make and model of your motherboard? BIOS version for your motherboard ? When the issue crops up, if you're on Windows OS, do you see anything flagged up in Device Manager? Have you tried working with other USB ports? Reinstalled chipset/USB drivers in an elevated command(assuming you're on Windows OS)?
I forgot to mention it. My bad. Here are the specs:
Laptop : Lenovo LEGION 5 15ACH R7 3060 PRO
Bios : latest
The device manager looks clean. I also plugged it in other ports, but it's the same. All drivers are updated.
Plus, I have 11 external drives, but this kind of issue barely happens. Especially, for the brand new one.
I also tried different cables.

Ralston18

Titan
Regarding those other external drives: all USB?

How are they being powered: solely host computer USB port, independently powered with their own power source, or via an independently powered USB hub connected to the host computer?

How many external drives might be connected at any given time?

Any drive related error codes, warnings, or informational event being captured via Reliability History/Monitor?

Jul 3, 2023
Regarding those other external drives: all USB?

How are they being powered: solely host computer USB port, independently powered with their own power source, or via an independently powered USB hub connected to the host computer?

How many external drives might be connected at any given time?

Any drive related error codes, warnings, or informational event being captured via Reliability History/Monitor?
All of them are powered by their own. None of them are 3.5 inch drive.

It depends on the case, but usually, 2-4 drives at a time.

I haven't checked the history, but I'll check it out next time it happens again.