[SOLVED] Discord not closing properly

mineforce

Prominent
Oct 13, 2019
When i close Discord on my pc, both school laptop and my own desktop pc, the application closes, but when i open Task Manager i find it still running in the background and taking up CPU. Having to manually go into the task manager and click End Task every time i wanna close Discord is a bit of a nuisance, so is there any way i can fix this?

Solution
You can disable the Minimize (close) to Tray setting, to close Discord completely on exit.

If you go to Discord -> "User Settings"-> scroll down to "Windows Settings" -> disable "Minimize to Tray"

Screenshot

This should close Discord completely, instead of minimizing the app to the tray when clicking X to close the program
You can disable the Minimize (close) to Tray setting, to close Discord completely on exit.

If you go to Discord -> "User Settings"-> scroll down to "Windows Settings" -> disable "Minimize to Tray"

Screenshot

This should close Discord completely, instead of minimizing the app to the tray when clicking X to close the program

Last edited:
Solution

mineforce

Prominent
Oct 13, 2019

Screenshot

ah yes that worked minimized to systray is off now, thanks