Discuss system / pick a CPU for me

Youngguns

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2013
Hello, firstly i would like to thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. I have some questions regarding a gaming pc build I have been working on. Please keep in mind I do not know much about computers. The parts chosen in the picture are based purely on a lot of research via forums and youtube. https://imgur.com/OzdagXI

-

#1 Can you find me a better case from mwave.com ? And will everything fit?
#2 Is the build future proofed?
#3 What cpu and why?
#4 What sort of monitor should I get and why? (i don't understand how a screen draws power from your parts) (All i know is higher refresh rate smoother aiming)
#5 Did i pick 'good stuff' and what would you change and why?

I also feel really bad asking people for free advice so just know that I wish you the best of luck in life and good fortune that's all i have to offer.

g-unit1111

Titan

1. That should be fine. If you want to get something better consider the Phanteks Enthoo Pro M, Corsair 275R, or NZXT H500i.

2. Don't worry too much about that, there really isn't such a thing as "future proofing". What you have is pretty solid and should last a while.

3. i7-9700K is the one for a Z390 board. If you want to save a bit of money the Ryzen 2700X is a pretty solid performer as well.

4. Get at least 1080P 144Hz from a major manufacturer like Samsung or LG. 1440P would be preferable if you could fit it into the budget.

5. I think I would swap the Thermaltake cooler for a Corsair or NZXT but they're all about the same. And I also think I would swap the PSU for a Seasonic Prime - the Prime are about the best PSUs on the market and I wouldn't get anything less for a 9700K setup.

Youngguns

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2013

Thanks as always g unit, ide probably go with i7 and im looking into seasonic prime. The cases are sweet too. Legend