Discussion about nvidia vs Radeon

night_wolf

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011
Hi all im just wondering about what you think about the Nvidia Gtx590 3gb vs Radeon 5990 4gb. The 2 top of the ling gpus which one do you think is better?

All the reviews show the 5990 is a bit faster than the GTX 590 But with a 1gb difforence dont you guys think the Gtx 590 is more powerfull than the 5990 with just a few fps slower????

ram1009

Distinguished

Your arguments are moot to me since I refuse to use ATI/AMD GPUs. I've tried them many times over the years including last year and have always found their drivers buggy. Now, someone will be along shortly to say that Nvidia has it's share of driver issues and they are correct. All software has bugs, however with ATI/AMD bugs are the rule rather than the exception, IMHO.

Hi,

1 gb is just a marketing scheme, you won't have any real benefits from it, but maybe later. (then again maybe new tech will get out and make it useless anyway)

In that case it would be a question of taste.

I agree with you that ati/amd have buggy drivers and that's why I stay away from them.

but still the amd/ati would perform better

ram1009

Distinguished

Pretty potent. What will you do with all that horsepower?

night_wolf

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011
im gone use it for gaming, And im going to study IT Next year and i love graphics work, in the future i want to go work for bethesda or crytek so i haveto step up in my game to reach that someday so its just a first step for me.