Question Disk check runs every startup

Rsmach1

Distinguished
May 30, 2011
Hello! So I thought my mechanical drive might be going bad so I cloned it to to a new SSD, but win10 still runs a disk check/repair every startup.
Any ideas why? Or what I can do to find/correct the problem?
Thank you!

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and Windows version information.

Include disk drives: make, model, capacity, how full.

Are you able to exit or cancel the disk check/repair process?

Does the problem occur if only the new SSD is connected? With the old/original mechanical drive being disconnected....

How did you clone the HDD to the SSD?

After Windows has started look in Task Manager > Startup.

Likely some application or process being launched there.

Could also be some app, utility, or process being triggered within Task Scheduler.

Run Disk Management and take a full screenshot of the Window. Post the screenshot using imgur (www.imgur.com).

Rsmach1

Distinguished
May 30, 2011
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and Windows version information.

Include disk drives: make, model, capacity, how full.

Are you able to exit or cancel the disk check/repair process?

Does the problem occur if only the new SSD is connected? With the old/original mechanical drive being disconnected....

How did you clone the HDD to the SSD?

After Windows has started look in Task Manager > Startup.

Likely some application or process being launched there.

Could also be some app, utility, or process being triggered within Task Scheduler.

Run Disk Management and take a full screenshot of the Window. Post the screenshot using imgur (www.imgur.com).
Thank you.
It's an older system.
Asus P8p67 Deluxe
16g ram
1660 super
Crutial SSD 1tb.
Windows 10 64 21H2
When the issue started I had a Seagate barracuda 1tb HDD, cloned it to the crutial SSD, and it still runs disk check and repair at startup. I've let it finish (repair) a few times, but now I just press a key to stop it. I will post the other info you asked for tomorrow. Yes I can stop it, I had let it do the repair a few times but now I just stop it before it checks.
View: https://imgur.com/a/9p3rQOn

Last edited:

Rsmach1

Distinguished
May 30, 2011
If you return the system back to original config, does it work?
Or does it continue with the Disk Check thing?

Cloning a problematic drive often just move the problem to a new drive.
Yes I see that now lol, I had thought the original HDD was beginning to fail which is why I got a new drive. My next step was to reset the PC, but I just didn't want to have to reinstall my apps (or MB specific drivers).

Rsmach1

Distinguished
May 30, 2011
One more thing, when I attempt to run Crutial storage executive, and I try to use the "Over provisioning" it say not available because the selected drive has a "Dirty volume".