Question Disk Management

Feb 21, 2019
Hi all I have a question. I just recently built a computer and was looking in the Disk Management Section today when I noticed it looked a bit off. I believe my SSD looks fine but my HDD is only 50% allocated. Plus it shows (system,active,primary partitian) in the allocated section.

SSD Disk0: Basic C: 465.76GB NTFS Healthy (Boot, Page File, Crash Dump, Primary Partition)

HDD Disk1: Basic E: 2048.00GB NTFS Healthy (System, Active, Primary Partitian) then 1678.02GB Unallocated

Thank you all in advanced.

popatim

Titan
You didn't link an image to go by but I believe you have formatted the drive with MBR which has a 2048GB limit.
Drives above 2TB need to be GPT to access the full contiguous space. You may have the options to convert it to GPT but you can always just add another partition for the remaining space.

USAFRet

Titan
https://www.flickr.com/photos/145442296@N04/?

Here is a picture

How would I go about adding another partition because everything is greyed out for me. This is an older picture, I changed SATA ports so it shows SSD first because that was bothering me.

Thank you.

It seems there is no data on the E drive? Completely empty so far?

Delete the E partition.
This will leave one blank space.
Right click, and change it to GPT formatting. This will allow the use of the whole 4TB space as a single partition.