Chrixy

Commendable
Nov 14, 2018
Hello,

So I just installed a new SSD on my Motherboard and I saw this message in pcpartpicker:
  • The motherboard M.2 slot #1 shares bandwidth with a SATA Express port. When the M.2 slot is populated, one SATA Express port is disabled.
Is there a way to enable this one or make it show on my computer? I couldn't see it in Disk Management either because of this.

I have this:
  • SSD1: Samsung EVO 500GB (This is where I installed Windows, so this shows)
  • SSD2: Western Digital Black 3D NAND (The new SSD i just installed on my motherboard)
  • HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3-5'' (This won't show anymore)

Thanks!

Regards
Doxrikser

Chrixy

Commendable
Nov 14, 2018
Western Digital Black 3D NAND is m.2 NVMe PCIe type. doesn't use sata express
check your hdd cable, might just be came loose
I just checked my cables, and they are connected good as they should, not loose.. I just scanned after I checked to see if I could see it now, but I still cant see it.. :/

Chrixy

Commendable
Nov 14, 2018
My motherboard is Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI, Socket-1150.
This is the exact one which I bought here from Norway 4 years ago: https://www.komplett.no/product/815870 (I hope you can read or translate whatever that is there :) ).

Yes, I have checked device manager, disk manager and in the BIOS.
When I saw in the BIOS, it found the disk and it said "Disabled".. So the disk is disabled :( Is there a way to enable it? :)

-Doxrikser

Chrixy

Commendable
Nov 14, 2018
The HDD is disabled. This happened right after I installed the new M.2 SSD. So yeah.. What other connection can I use to connect it then? :)
The SSD and HDD is connected the same way, and the SSD works fine, but the HDD don't. :/