Question Display driver Issue on HP 15-AY503TX laptop ?

SroyC

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2009
Hello friends

Recently I had to format and install Windows 10 64bit on this laptop HP 15AY-503TX. The Windows version is the latest and updated. The problem is with the display driver. I have tried a number of times to install the Radeon driver for the system. Unfortunately, every time I get an error that "unable to find any Radeon device".

I have tried to install it from the official HP website's laptop specific support page.

I have tried to install it from Radeon official website too.

There is no problem with installing the Intel HD Graphics driver.

I have uninstalled the Intel driver and tried using the Intel/AMD Switchable Driver too, but I received exactly the same error.

Unless I install the Radeon display driver, a number of functionalities like 'casting on Smart TV' are not working.

Please help me with this.

I hope this is the correct sub-forum to ask this question, if not I would request a moderator to kindly move the thread to the proper section.

SroyC

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2009
You will have to plug in a external monitor and switch the primary to it. Then install the driver
Thank you for your response.

Sorry if I sound naive, but I could not understand what exactly you mean and how should this method enable the Radeon installer to detect the graphics onboard the laptop ?

Do explain a little more, please.

SroyC

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2009
If there is no display plugged in the radeon output, the card is automaticly disabled. It only turns on when needed, hence the software cant find it if it is switched off.
Thank you for explaining. But what about the Laptop's display? And previously there was no such problem! Why has it cropped up suddenly after the reinstallation of OS?

Jacozeelie

Respectable
Mar 1, 2019
Did you do a new instal from a usb or from the laptop itself? As most laptop reinstall windows from main drive with drivers and bloatware preconfigured from factory, as a new clean install, everything must be installed manualy. Check on the keyboard, there are a key with FN on it and another with a screen icon on. Hold fn and press the monitor icon key. It will swithch to the external monitor, then install driver.

SroyC

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2009
Did you do a new instal from a usb or from the laptop itself? As most laptop reinstall windows from main drive with drivers and bloatware preconfigured from factory, as a new clean install, everything must be installed manualy. Check on the keyboard, there are a key with FN on it and another with a screen icon on. Hold fn and press the monitor icon key. It will swithch to the external monitor, then install driver.

Thank you for your clarification. Let me apologise first for such a delayed answer to your question. Unfortunately, I was not well enough to for few weeks and this slipped my mind.

I have reinstalled the OS from a USB drive. I can connect another display with an HDMI port. Will that do?

Is the screen icon the one associated with the f4 key?

Thanks again.

hello

I have tried the method, but it did not work- received the same error.

Install the chipset drivers, update the BIOS if there is an update for it, install the Intel video drivers, then install the AMD drivers, all from HP support site, in that order.

The laptop should have come with a restore partition on it to do a factory reset, that would have loaded all the drivers like they were new, next time you need to re-install Windows on a system first look for a factory restore option.

SroyC

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2009
Install the chipset drivers, update the BIOS if there is an update for it, install the Intel video drivers, then install the AMD drivers, all from HP support site, in that order.

The laptop should have come with a restore partition on it to do a factory reset, that would have loaded all the drivers like they were new, next time you need to re-install Windows on a system first look for a factory restore option.

Thank you for your reply.

So do I need to uninstall all those drivers first?

Secondly, the laptop originally came with DOS, I installed Windows later, so will the partition contain windows drivers?

Thank you for your reply.

So do I need to uninstall all those drivers first?

Secondly, the laptop originally came with DOS, I installed Windows later, so will the partition contain windows drivers?

You need to get the drivers from the HP support site. The issues you are having is because you installed Windows not using an HP image, so the dual graphics is not working properly. Should not need to uninstall anything first.

SroyC

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2009
You need to get the drivers from the HP support site. The issues you are having is because you installed Windows not using an HP image, so the dual graphics is not working properly. Should not need to uninstall anything first.

Thank you.

I followed your advice and downloaded and installed the Chipset driver first. The BIOS is already updated to F.50. I downloaded and installed the latest AMD/Intel switchable graphics first. Then as I tried to install

AMD High-Definition Graphics Driver22.19.128.5 Rev.C
the installation could not complete giving me the same "no AMD graphics found' error.

The page I used to download drivers is: https://support.hp.com/in-en/driver...00-notebook-pc-series/12229013/model/13673661.

Thank you.

I followed your advice and downloaded and installed the Chipset driver first. The BIOS is already updated to F.50. I downloaded and installed the latest AMD/Intel switchable graphics first. Then as I tried to install

AMD High-Definition Graphics Driver22.19.128.5 Rev.C
the installation could not complete giving me the same "no AMD graphics found' error.

The page I used to download drivers is: https://support.hp.com/in-en/driver...00-notebook-pc-series/12229013/model/13673661.

There are many versions of the graphic driver, you need to check what your specific model CPU and video chip is to get the right one.