Question display goes blank and vga light gets turned on while browsing internet

Sep 28, 2024
Hey all i been facing a issue with my pc , my display goes blank and the VGA light turns on after 30 mins of normal use of my system and i will have to remove all the cables for the pc to be discharges in order to get turned on again.

This has been happening quite often now can someone explain what to be changed or what should i do. Recently i have changed my processor cooler from liquid cooler termaltake TH 120 because it wasn't performing well (over heat issues) to cooler masters hyper 212 spectrum v4.

PC spec:
ryzen 5 3600,
msi B450 tamahawk,
16 gb ram,
psu Cooler Master MWE 550 Bronze
gpu- gigabyte 1660 oc 6GB
Please do advice your opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

msi B450 tamahawk
What BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard?

16 gb ram,
Got a link to the ram you're working with?

psu Cooler Master MWE 550 Bronze
Is this the unit in your specs? If so, how old is your PSU?

and i will have to remove all the cables for the pc to be discharges in order to get turned on again. this has been happening quite often now can someone explain what to be changed
Do you feel a tingling sensation when you touch the metal part of your case while your bare feet make contact with a tiled(non-wooden, non-carpeted floor)? If so, you would need to call in a certified electrician and scope out the wiring in your abode, and see if you have a grounding issue. If rebuilding your system or reseating components helps bring the system back to life, you have a build up of static charge.

Failure after a time smacks of a heat issue.
Long time ago, I found the hyper 212 difficult to mount level.
You could try remounting it.
Mounted well, it is probably no better cooler than the H120.

What is the make/model of your case and what is the fan arrangement?
Any cooler needs a good supply of fresh air to do it's job.

If you want to try a different cooler, the thermalright peerless asassin 120 is an excellent cooler and not expensive:
https://www.newegg.com/thermalright...MIsoXn-PTliAMVMTjUAR2ifiPFEAQYAiABEgJfdfD_BwE