Display not turning on after installing new fans.

jdroma10

Prominent
Jun 29, 2017
I recently brought a new rig. It's been working fine however, the temp was on the high side. So I decided to add fans toward my build. After receiving the fans today I decided to install it. At first I was having a problem on why the CPU fans had an error after I finished installing it. Then I realized it was not plugged in to the PSU (I know it was dumb). However, now that I got that part correct, All the lights from the CPU, MOBO, and GPU turns on as well as the fans that was plugged in the mobo and radiator spins. However, GPU fans does not spin. It only lights up. The PC turns on but I'm not getting any display as well as my keyboard and mouse are not being identified. I checked and see if it was my GPU by plugging it in my old rig It was working fine. I also reset my Cmos and reseat my ram. The weird thing is my GPU fans are not spinning. So i'm guessing it's either the PCIE slot or the 8-pin power connector. What should I do?

The first thing I'd do is put the computer back the way it was before you added fans. So remove the new fans. Does the computer work when you do that?

The other thing is you are not clear on what you did. What kind of fans did you buy? What did you plug those fans into? You have a radiator and temps were still too high? Maybe you can clarify what steps you took doing this. You don't mention how long you ran the computer with no CPU fan, I hope it wasn't long.

jdroma10

Prominent
Jun 29, 2017
Sorry I did not put enough details on what I did. My build is:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600x
Water Cooler: NZXT Kraken X52
MOBO: Asus B350m-a Prime
GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Strix
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB 3200 MHZ
PSU: 750W EVGA SuperNova G1
Case: INWIN301
Fans I brought: 2: 120x15mm Prolimatech fans

So the problem i've been having with this rig is that the CPU is running a little too hot at boot (40c at boot and a little over 80c at load with the side panel open). One of the reasons why it's so hot is because the Strix is just too big for the case. The only way to fit the Radiator with the fans is to put the 2 CPU fans behind the radiator with it running like an exhaust not infront where it's completely pushing the hot air out. The other problem is the way the INWIN301 supposed airflow goes. The way the case is built is that the PSU is at the top part of the case and the only vents are 1 120mm in the rear, 2 120mm in side panel (where the radiator is), and 2 120mm at the bottom. The supposed air flow in the INWIN website, is that the bottom vents are intakes airflow AND both the rear and side vents are exhaust. The other problem is the GPU is too thick to put a nice SPfan at the bottom from what I've measured, it has a clearance of 25mm. So basically my take is to put a 15mm fan with a descent SP rating. My future plan is to install a single 120x25mm SPfan in front of the radiator so it can partly do a push pull exhaust through the radiator in order to help with the heat with the radiator.

I've done what you said where to put it when it was working normally and there is still no display. I also plugged the two bottom fans that I installed to the Kraken slot because you can install up to 4 with that. Non of my fans that I have are RGB. So they are definitely less than 1 volt. I also tested my GPU in my old rig and it's completely working fine. I also reseted my CMOS and that did not helped. I reseated my ram as well. I also changed the 8 slotted connector that was plugged in my GPU to the PSU and that did not helped.

I'm guessing the problem is the MOBO.