Question Display problem from DP to DVI ?

Apr 12, 2023
I have a mini pc with windows 10 (generic not branded) that have two display outputs- hdmi and displayport

i am trying to connect i to an old Samsung monitor (s24d300) that have only dvi input, with no lock
this are the method i tried :
  • HDMI to DVI cable
  • DP to DVI cable
  • DP to DVI adapter with DVI to DVI cable
non of this worked

also tried to updated the display card driver , (intel iris plus 655)

tried also with another monitor (even older - bx2235)

when connecting this pc to another monitor with DP to DP cable or with HDMI to HDMI cable this works ok , even when both cable are connected so i can even have dual monitors)

are their any settings in winnows or in the BIOS that might help ?
is there a chance that this monitors are so old that they are not support this type of connection ?

Thanks for your help

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Hmm. I got caught out once with a Samsung monitor of my own having vga and dvi. Forgot about the toggle button so there was some unnecessary stress ;) until i found out i kicked myself lol.

Dvi to Hdmi should have worked, there's nothing special required as there is no signal conversion between these however Dp to Dvi or vice versa is. These adapters aren't bi-directional so knowing which way they go might be tricky.

Try test monitor elsewhere to determine it is at fault. I don't think it's too old at all to accept dvi/hdmi signals. Has to be monitor itself.

May 4, 2023
HDMI to DVI is a nightmare. Its unlikely to ever work.
Your problem is caused by HDCP.
I spent months on this problem. The closest I got was an in initial splash and then once HDCP kicked in the screen went dead.
Don't waste your money buying cables, adapters, splitters, so-called HDCP strippers.
Either buy a new monitor (no way) or revert to VGA (I did). I bought an HDMI-VGA converter but very poor picture quality.