Question Display randomly goes off and recovers

AntaresSQ01

Reputable
Oct 10, 2016
Hi, I've been having this issue for a while now, and i'm bummed, sometimes whilst gaming my monitor goes black (as if unplugged and re-plugged) and then about 5 seconds later the screen comes back. This can happen any time doing anything with intervals ranging from a few minutes between display going off to hours. Some games tend to induce it more frequently too resulting in sometimes different outcomes, as examples, League of Legends and Warframe are 2 games it happens often however when it happens in league the screen sometimes goes black and back to normal, sometimes it goes a light brown shade (the entire screen) then back to normal and then i can continue playing, however in Warframe if this happens when the screen recovers i see my desktop or whatever is below it and it's as if the game turned see through, when tabbed in i can still hear game sounds and interact with the game but I cant get Video back unless i restart the game.

I've kept drivers up to date, checked cable connections including my GPU, what is incredibly weird is this 1 time (This only ever happened once) I banged on top of my PC moderately and it did the whole recovery ordeal, then i banged on it again and it did it again, back to back, however no other times has it done this no matter how much i would shake/hit/move my pc around (Or cables). So i'm reasonably certain it's not a matter of faulty or damaged hardware.

Thanks for any help, if i catch it i'll try to take a video or something.

CPU: i7 7700K @ 4.20 GHZ
Motherboard: MSI Z270-A Pro
Ram: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT DDR4 @2666MHZ
SSD/HDD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SATA
Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SATA
Samsung HD204UI 2TB
GPU: EVGA
PSU: Corsair CX600M
Chassis: Corsair Graphite Series 230T

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nautre, it's customary to include your full system's specs. List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Also mention the age of your PSU, outside of the make and model. Which version of the OS are you on?

Reactions: AntaresSQ01

AntaresSQ01

Reputable
Oct 10, 2016
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nautre, it's customary to include your full system's specs. List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Also mention the age of your PSU, outside of the make and model. Which version of the OS are you on?
Sorry done now, completely forgot.