Question Display signal is suddenly lost and PC reboots while gaming ?

Sep 9, 2024
MBD: B550M Auros Elite (with latest drivers through the Gigabyte App Center)
CPU: Ryzen 5700G (with latest drivers through the Gigabyte App Center)
GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX 6700 XT (used)
PSU: Corsair CX650M (used)
Display: Dell 60hz DP cable (only 1)
RAM: 1 x 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz (slot 3 on MB)

Got this PC a little more then a year ago, so everything was working fine all from the start, i had been playing lots of AAA and AA titles and davinci resolve rendering and nothing was bad, had changed ram speed to 29.33, above 4G enabled. No gpu or cpu undervolt or overclock ever.
GPU software last adrenaline version then current.

Power used was mostly 30-60w CPU and 30-80w gpu.
CPU temps in 40-67 (75 or 77 on 100% load) and gpu temps 40-66 (summer).

Suddenly 2 day ago playing game Once human and suddenly pc kinda crasted like hang or freeze(i could hear the freeze sound) and lost display then restarted. PC was running but didn't start, lights and fans on were on.

I then take the plug out then back in and started pc. It turned on for like a minute with the display until the gpu software started then again freeze or hang, no display and pc rebooted fans lights running but didn't turn on.

Then yesterday I took Everything out (with cmos battery) cleaned and put back in. Then everything was working fine, i updated the gpu to latest ver drivers and did a factory reset on install, restarted and I kept playing for like 2 hours, nightmare was over.

Then today I turned on PC and started the game but 5 mins in, freeze or hang (i could hear the freeze sound) lost display and pc rebooted but never turned on.

i dont think DP cable or ports on either gpu or display has issue cuz the pc or game would still be running, just display would turn black, but its like pc freezes and turns off and then on itself but no display. though fans and lights are on.

Never happened before, just started two days ago.

There are no display distortion or anything that might suggest gpu dying or anything.

I don't understand what might be the issue or is gpu gone or what, need help.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

PSU: Corsair CV650
How old is the PSU in your build? Even if this unit was brand new, it's not something I'd have picked in a build with a discrete GPU.

MBD: B550M Auros Elite
BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time?

You forgot to mention the make and model of your case. If you're having to constantly remove parts and then rebuild then it's possible that you have a grounding issue whereby your physical input helps ground the system(discharging static build up). Try and relocate to another wall outlet.

Can you remain in BIOS indefinitely?

Reactions: hamza_danny
Sep 9, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

PSU: Corsair CV650
How old is the PSU in your build? Even if this unit was brand new, it's not something I'd have picked in a build with a discrete GPU.

MBD: B550M Auros Elite
BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time?

You forgot to mention the make and model of your case. If you're having to constantly remove parts and then rebuild then it's possible that you have a grounding issue whereby your physical input helps ground the system(discharging static build up). Try and relocate to another wall outlet.

Can you remain in BIOS indefinitely?
Hi, sorry i mentioned wrong PSU, its Corsair CX650M, i got it used so no idea how old, but the box has 2021 in the tag. i previously had red dragon 550w New but when i got the card, i had to change it. i can go to bios and remain there. i will try win 11 and see if it fixes. and bios ver is updated to latest with the gigabyte app center i dont exactly remember the version it was 17. something. My case is Thunder e trooper et-9.