Display turns black, sound becomes distorted, forced shutdown required

Sincro

Reputable
Sep 28, 2015
Every day (used to be every other day) after turning on my PC and having Facebook/Youtube on one monitor and WoW or OSRS on the 2nd, my monitors would turn black and the sound would become distorted. Upon the restart, I would have no more issues...until tomorrow.

I found another post on this forum with a similar problem, except their PC only had the issue after hours of playing with a similar setup (games on 1st monitor, browser on 2nd). As it turns out, some new RAM would be the solution; however in my PC RAM is the only component I have upgraded in the 3 years I had my PC, about 6 months ago. I really hope this isn't the case for me...

Thanks in advance for any help :)

THEearthISFLAT

Upstanding
Feb 16, 2019
People don't respond because without system specs you put everyone in the position to guess what is actually going on, honestly, when people don't include all system info while asking for help I would have to assume most people do as I do and skip to the next thread.... now OP this was not directed at you or the above poster personally. I only say this as advice so that we can help out as this is why we are here

Reactions: nick_v15

nick_v15

Prominent
BANNED
Jan 7, 2018
People don't respond because without system specs you put everyone in the position to guess what is actually going on, honestly, when people don't include all system info while asking for help I would have to assume most people do as I do and skip to the next thread.... now OP this was not directed at you or the above poster personally. I only say this as advice so that we can help out as this is why we are here
I agree.Peoples questions are so lazy..