[SOLVED] Display turns off but pc still stays on

Apr 29, 2022
Hi guys, i've ran into a problem and could really use some help, today i was playing tf2 and csgo, with both games this happened twice, my monitor turns off but my pc is still on and everything i checked event viewer and it's marked as power kernel 41, ive tried reinstalling windows, used ddu to uninstall drivers, reseating ram, cpu and ssd, measuring temps and running cinebench and furmark the temps are fine but im assuming i might need to replace a component please help
Specs:
Ryzen 7 5700G
B550 DS3H Motherboard
Corsair CV 550 PSU
Corsair Vengance Memory (2x8) 3200mhz
Corsair Carbide 175 RGB Case https://imqur.com/a/BfxN49H
Ive also bent some pins on my cpu but i managed to re bend them back into place and get them back into the socket, there is also some stains of thermal paste in the socket, so far im guessing i might need to replace my ssd, motherboard, or psu but i cant afford all of that only one so if you
guys can help me pin point which one it is id really appreciate it

Solution
I guess, when i try to turn it back on it doesn’t detect any cables connected, even when unplugging and plugging the HDMI back in, as well as audio cutting off completely

Yes it seems that it's the computer's fault.

Can you borrow a DIV to VGA adapter to test another video port?

That thing usually cost $2 in a computer store, you should have one for just in case.
I guess, when i try to turn it back on it doesn’t detect any cables connected, even when unplugging and plugging the HDMI back in, as well as audio cutting off completely

Yes it seems that it's the computer's fault.

Can you borrow a DIV to VGA adapter to test another video port?

That thing usually cost $2 in a computer store, you should have one for just in case.

Solution