[SOLVED] DISPLAY

ISHYY123

Prominent
Jan 30, 2020
data:text/plain,browser.search.order.1=Google

search for "browser.newtab.url"

value : about:newtab > double click change to "www.google.com"
Hi,

This is the nearest thread I could choose for my probllem.

I use Firefox as my browser. I have set the defaults in Firefox and W10 home to Firefox as my browser , Google as my search engine.

Everytime I open firefox, Bing appears, as the search engine, any additional tabs however, Google is the search engine, it is so annoying.

I have tried several fixes, unsuccessfully.

Registry

There were 2 fixes for the Registry neither worked because I have W10 home folders to change the value weren't accessable

I get as far as th search Search folder (Hk ey current user/software/microsoft/windows/current user/search) but there is a vertical dotted line, preventing me from accessing the Contarna consent, in the folder , so I am unable to change/check value of Contarna consent - make sure its 0, or create a new 'dword 32 bit value' folder to name it 'BingSearchEnabled with a value of 0.

Firefox - tried 2 fixes

"browser.search.order1"

solution

data:text/plain,browser.search.order.1=Google

"browser.newtab.url"

solution

"www.google.com"

Neither worked

I have deleted Bing as an option in Firefox but it won't delete in Windows when I set google as a default search engine.re

Any help would be appreciated from anyone who has a solution that worked for them

Thanks

Ian

Solution
we have a mod who is haunted by Bing, it is the only search page that works on his PC.

have you tried a clean boot, its possible another start up program is to blame
Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

ISHYY123

Prominent
Jan 30, 2020
Hi,

When I open Firefox, the initial page that opens is Bing, its so annoying but every subsequent page is Google.

Home page is set to Google as default browser in Firefox search settings and in the windows advanced settings - Bing won't delete in this setting and is greyed out.

I am overcoming the problem currently, by selecting Firefox, then going to the URL bar typing a 'g' ENTER then the Google seach engine appears, instead of Bing but I shouldn't have to do this. Its all about Windows thrusting Windows Edge and all its coponents onto us. Any ideas?

Colif

Win 11 Master
we have a mod who is haunted by Bing, it is the only search page that works on his PC.

have you tried a clean boot, its possible another start up program is to blame
Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

Solution

Wolfshadw

Titan
Make sure your Firefox Options are set like the following:

GoKCekk.jpg

-Wolfs ends