[SOLVED] DisplayPort Changing to 4K Resolution

3instein

Prominent
Jul 16, 2019
I just bought a DisplayPort 1.2 cable. I plugged it in but it won't let me change my resolution to 4K, when I tried to change my resolution to 4K it reverts back to 1440p after few seconds of black screen.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
There's nothing obvious there preventing 4k. PB287Q specs say Hdmi 4k 30Hz or Displayport 4k 60Hz. What cable did the monitor come with? If Asus supplied you with only an Hdmi cable expecting you to use 30z that's just terrible. 60Hz is optimum and they should have supplied a Displayport cable to achieve that.

Why it's not working could be the cable. There are plenty of bad cables out there. Club3D are one of Vesa's certified brands manufacturing Displayport cables.

3instein

Prominent
Jul 16, 2019
There's nothing obvious there preventing 4k. PB287Q specs say Hdmi 4k 30Hz or Displayport 4k 60Hz. What cable did the monitor come with? If Asus supplied you with only an Hdmi cable expecting you to use 30z that's just terrible. 60Hz is optimum and they should have supplied a Displayport cable to achieve that.

Why it's not working could be the cable. There are plenty of bad cables out there. Club3D are one of Vesa's certified brands manufacturing Displayport cables.
Well, it works fine at the beginning. But now it went to no signal at all. And yes, Asus didn’t supply any DP cable.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Id blame the Displayport cable. There's no other possible reason why 4k 60Hz isn't possible with Displayport.

Club3D are good and so are Accell.

3instein

Prominent
Jul 16, 2019
Oh you meant the DP wasn't showing a picture at all? I thought the only problem was getting 4k 60Hz through it, or it was at first. Well if it detects now, DP ends at either side probably wasn't in properly.
Yes, now the only problem is how to get this DP show properly.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Thanks for the screenshot. When you hit apply it should show the resolution change and give you an message with a short timer to click ok to accept changes. During this period if screen is totally blank it's gota be the cable.

3instein

Prominent
Jul 16, 2019
Thanks for the screenshot. When you hit apply it should show the resolution change and give you an message with a short timer to click ok to accept changes. During this period if screen is totally blank it's gota be the cable.
I tried to make the DP as my main display. It's not totally blank, seems like it became not responding then flicker for a few time and reverts back to hdmi.