Question DisplayPort only has signal in the BIOS and safe mode, but doesn't work when booting windows?

feable

Honorable
Apr 15, 2018
System Specs:
Mobo: MSI Pro B650M-A
CPU: Ryzen 5 7600x
GPU: RX 6800
RAM: 32GB (2x16GB)

Connected to Monitor using DisplayPort Cable.

My PC was working fine this morning. I turned it off at that point and left it for a couple hours. I then just turned it on and the PC boots fine until it gets to the lock screen. The display flickers and then it loses connection to the GPU. The GPU fans also stop spinning at this point. However the rest of the PC keeps working.

The PC works fine when booted in safe mode and it gets past the lock screen. It also works fine in the BIOS.

I have removed the drivers in safe mode and it still did not get into the lock screen once i left safe mode. I have also now freshly installed Windows. This time it got past the lock screen and I was able to login. However, the screen flicked on and off twice and then lost connection again. Now its back to the original issue. I have checked all the physical cables to the GPU so I am unsure what the problem is.

When I plug in the PC to the monitor with a HDMI cable it works fine, however this stops me from using two monitors.

Hope someone can help me.

Last edited:

Latest posts