mick

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2002
224
0
18,680
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

I`ve just downloaded this along with DirectX 9c and the .NET thingy. When I
try to run Divided I get an error -

"Direct3d function < Create Device() > - Failed"

I`m running on Win 98 machine. Anyone know what the problem could be and how
I can get round it?

TIA

mick
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

"mick" <coughcough@totlise.co.uk> wrote in
news:Zn77e.1920$pH2.1799@newsfe6-gui.ntli.net:

> I`ve just downloaded this along with DirectX 9c and the .NET thingy.
> When I try to run Divided I get an error -
>
> "Direct3d function < Create Device() > - Failed"
>
> I`m running on Win 98 machine. Anyone know what the problem could be
> and how I can get round it?

The error sounds like a problem with your video drivers.

--
Murray Peterson
Email: murray.spamtrap2@shaw.ca
URL: http://members.shaw.ca/murraypeterson/
 

mick

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2002
224
0
18,680
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

Murray Peterson wrote:
> "mick" <coughcough@totlise.co.uk> wrote in
> news:Zn77e.1920$pH2.1799@newsfe6-gui.ntli.net:
>
> > I`ve just downloaded this along with DirectX 9c and the .NET thingy.
> > When I try to run Divided I get an error -
> >
> > "Direct3d function < Create Device() > - Failed"
> >
> > I`m running on Win 98 machine. Anyone know what the problem could be
> > and how I can get round it?
>
> The error sounds like a problem with your video drivers.

Funny you should mention that. I was on the MS site yesterday downloading
the latest critical updates and the system scan revealed I didn`t have the
latest drivers. I downloaded and installed the ones they had (2002). Still
the same.

mick
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

mick wrote in news:Ker7e.21723$il.1518@newsfe5-win.ntli.net:
> Murray Peterson wrote:
>>
>> The error sounds like a problem with your video drivers.
>
> Funny you should mention that. I was on the MS site yesterday
> downloading the latest critical updates and the system scan
> revealed I didn`t have the latest drivers. I downloaded and
> installed the ones they had (2002). Still the same.

Try visiting your graphics card manufacturer's site. They may have more
recent drivers.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

mick wrote:
> Murray Peterson wrote:
>
>>"mick" <coughcough@totlise.co.uk> wrote in
>>news:Zn77e.1920$pH2.1799@newsfe6-gui.ntli.net:
>>
>>
>>>I`ve just downloaded this along with DirectX 9c and the .NET thingy.
>>>When I try to run Divided I get an error -
>>>
>>>"Direct3d function < Create Device() > - Failed"
>>>
>>>I`m running on Win 98 machine. Anyone know what the problem could be
>>>and how I can get round it?
>>
>>The error sounds like a problem with your video drivers.
>
>
> Funny you should mention that. I was on the MS site yesterday downloading
> the latest critical updates and the system scan revealed I didn`t have the
> latest drivers. I downloaded and installed the ones they had (2002). Still
> the same.
>
> mick

If the latest drivers available for your card are from 2002,
you must have an old card.

There's a post on the Divided forum about this problem.
Unfortunately no solution if your acceleration is already
turned on.
http://cgi.jeroenstout.net/divided/YaBB.pl?board=DIV_TECH;action=display;num=1104536909
 

mick

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2002
224
0
18,680
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure (More info?)

mrlg wrote:
> mick wrote:

> > Funny you should mention that. I was on the MS site yesterday
downloading
> > the latest critical updates and the system scan revealed I didn`t have
the
> > latest drivers. I downloaded and installed the ones they had (2002).
Still
> > the same.

> If the latest drivers available for your card are from 2002,
> you must have an old card.

It`s actually onboard graphics (SiS) rather than a card.

> There's a post on the Divided forum about this problem.
> Unfortunately no solution if your acceleration is already
> turned on.
>
http://cgi.jeroenstout.net/divided/YaBB.pl?board=DIV_TECH;action=display;num=1104536909

Just went to the SiS site and downloaded latest drivers 2003 (I was pretty
sure these are the ones I had on at first) and installed them. I then went
back
to the MS site and did a scanand it still says that their drivers (2002)
are more up to date than the 2003 ones. Odd!

Divided now works BTW:)

mick



mick