DNS .

mark

I use to use BINd for DNS now I am using Microsoft DNs
server I have a domain which I host its records.
I have thisdomain.com in my DNS server, but I can only add
www for the web address.eg I can only resolve
www.thisdomain.com and I cannot resolve thisdomain.com. In
BINd I use to just add the "." for the thisdomain.com. How
can I do this in MS DNS.

In news:2bdba01c468f3$e164fc90$a501280a@phx.gbl,
Mark <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked for help and I offered my
suggestions below:
> I use to use BINd for DNS now I am using Microsoft DNs
> server I have a domain which I host its records.
> I have thisdomain.com in my DNS server, but I can only add
> www for the web address.eg I can only resolve
> www.thisdomain.com and I cannot resolve thisdomain.com. In
> BINd I use to just add the "." for the thisdomain.com. How
> can I do this in MS DNS.

Rt-click the zone name, add new Host record, leave the host name portion
blank and give it an IP address. If it barks at you with a message saying it
doesn't like it, ignore it.

--
Regards,
Ace

so all can benefit.

and confers no rights.

A lifetime commitment for a pig.
--

M> In BINd I use to just add the "." for the thisdomain.com.

No, you didn't.

<URL:http://homepages.tesco.net./~J.deBoynePollard/FGA/web-allowing-omission-of-www.html>