Question do adapter allow you to use more monitors?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

9to5tech

Great
Jul 15, 2021
Ok so the rtx 3090 only supports upto 4 monitors but will I be able to use more monitors if I use an adapter that has more hdmi ports?

9to5tech

Great
Jul 15, 2021
You are either a troll, or you are trying to understand something that you can not.

What you want to do is either in the sphere of imagination with the tech available at the moment, or extremely expensive.
what exactly do you think I don't understand? I got my answer now and btw I always imagine doing stuff wat I ask because I can't get the real stuff for obvious reasons

what exactly do you think I don't understand? I got my answer now and btw I always imagine doing stuff wat I ask because I can't get the real stuff for obvious reasons
What did you understand and what was the answer you got that satisfied you? Because almost every post you made in this thread was a new question.

It's very nice that you imagine doing stuff but let's keep it real for a while. What you want to do is not easy, nor cheap.

9to5tech

Great
Jul 15, 2021
What did you understand and what was the answer you got that satisfied you? Because almost every post you made in this thread was a new question.

It's very nice that you imagine doing stuff but let's keep it real for a while. What you want to do is not easy, nor cheap.
I only had one question and that was if you could use adapters to connect more monitors then the gpu could support and I got the answer

Remeca

Reputable
The answer is yes, splitters/adapters could allow you to use more monitors than a video card has ports, but, those displays will all be mirrored from the port the adapter is plugged into, you will not get new individual extended displays.

Bazzy 505

Respectable
Jul 17, 2021
eh, i seriously doubt you really need it. Not with rest of the hardware i'm seeing but i'll bite.
Matrox, which pretty much exited the the 3d gaming card business about a decade ago, found its niche in just the kind cards you're looking for. It is mostly used in industrial applications and multi screen information systems like airports got. It is priced accordingly

M9188 PCIe x16
https://www.matrox.com/en/video/products/graphics-cards/m-series/m9188-lp-pcie-x16
octa monitor dream to offer evenly distributed roomscale electromagnetic soup to enjoy in bedroom environment,
best enjoyed in combination with 180cm Panasonic plasma TV's arranged in surround :ROFLMAO::p

Status
Not open for further replies.