[SOLVED] do i have a bottleneck or im wrong

Jun 19, 2021
hi, in some games like GTA V RP or fivem and call of duty modern warfare multiplayer i see my cpu usage is 80%-99% and my graphic card usage is 30%-60%

my pc specs:

cpu: Ryzen 3 2200g
mb: asus tuf b450-plus gaming
ram: 16gb 2666mhz crucial
gpu: zotac GTX1650 single fan
psu: cooler master elite v3 500

Reactions: egda23
Solution
What quality settings are you using? Low? Medium? High? Ultra? Etc.

That CPU and graphics card should actually be pretty well matched if the settings are appropriate for the hardware. Turning up the quality settings in game should reduce some CPU usage and increase GPU usage.

That CPU and graphics card should actually be pretty well matched if the settings are appropriate for the hardware. Turning up the quality settings in game should reduce some CPU usage and increase GPU usage.

Solution
GTA V is cpu intensive, but the difference shudn't be this much and for that game the specs shud be fine... check ur background tasks, try uninstalling ur antivirus solution or turn game mode on in antivirus settings...
edit: why was my answer voted down... ? :)

Last edited:
hi, in some games like GTA V RP or fivem and call of duty modern warfare multiplayer i see my cpu usage is 80%-99% and my graphic card usage is 30%-60%

my pc specs:

cpu: Ryzen 3 2200g
mb: asus tuf b450-plus gaming
ram: 16gb 2666mhz crucial
gpu: zotac GTX1650 single fan
psu: cooler master elite v3 500

Sure looks like it. The 2200g is only 4 cores and 4 threads and is underpowered for most all modern games. You can see for yourself that it is being nearly fully utilized in the games you mentioned. You need a better CPU with more cores and threads and higher boost clocks/IPC. I recommend upgrading to a Ryzen 5600x.

Jun 19, 2021
Sure looks like it. The 2200g is only 4 cores and 4 threads and is underpowered for most all modern games. You can see for yourself that it is being nearly fully utilized in the games you mentioned. You need a better CPU with more cores and threads and higher boost clocks/IPC. I recommend upgrading to a Ryzen 5600x.
well im thinking of buying ryzen 5 2600 because you know i don't have money and my dad gives me monthly 106$ so do you recommend me to buy it or no because i need a 144hz monitor and new mouse and keyboard and new ram

Jun 19, 2021

are you really sure thet if i keep the texture or graphic on high or normal i could increase the gpu usage and decrease the cpu usage so it will be fine?

well im thinking of buying ryzen 5 2600 because you know i don't have money and my dad gives me monthly 106$ so do you recommend me to buy it or no because i need a 144hz monitor and new mouse and keyboard and new ram

Your current CPU is 4 cores & 4 threads. A Ryzen 5 2600 would be a solid improvement because it has 6 cores & 12 threads. However, a Ryzen 5 2600 is not a good CPU to pair with a 144 Hz monitor; it's clock speeds and instructions per clock/cycle (IPC) are too low. Thus, if you intend to buy a 144 hz monitor, keep in mind that you'll need to upgrade your CPU a second time to something like the Ryzen 5 5600x.

So yes, if a Ryzen 2600 is all you can afford, buying it will give you a performance boost as quickly as possible. Just remember that it's not at all future-proof.

are you really sure thet if i keep the texture or graphic on high or normal i could increase the gpu usage and decrease the cpu usage so it will be fine?

Your CPU feeds your GPU the frames it needs to do its job. If your CPU is at or even close to 100% utilization, your GPU will not receive the pre-rendered frames that it needs and your GPU will sit there underutilized. By increasing detail settings and/or resolution, you increase the amount of work the GPU has to do and your GPU utilization goes up. If your increase detail settings and/or resolution to the point that your GPU is close to 100% utilization, your frame rate will begin to drop which lowers the amount of work that needs to be done by the CPU, lowering your CPU utilization and removing your CPU bottleneck.

So yes, you should increase your detail settings since by lowering them all you are doing is making your game look worse; you're not improving performance. Lowering detail settings is only useful if your CPU is powerful enough that lowering your settings actually increases your frame rate.

well its working on 2666 the original speed im not 3000mhz or 3200mhz i thought you meant that the ram not working on the actual speed (sorry if i bothered you)

Ryzen CPUs are sensitive to RAM speed and perform slower in gaming when paired with RAM that is slower than around 3000 MHz. Thus, if you had 3000 or even 3200 MHz RAM, it would help your CPU to run faster and be less of a bottleneck on your GPU.

FYI this is true for both your current Ryzen 2200g and a Ryzen 2600.

Jun 19, 2021
Your current CPU is 4 cores & 4 threads. A Ryzen 5 2600 would be a solid improvement because it has 6 cores & 12 threads. However, a Ryzen 5 2600 is not a good CPU to pair with a 144 Hz monitor; it's clock speeds and instructions per clock/cycle (IPC) are too low. Thus, if you intend to buy a 144 hz monitor, keep in mind that you'll need to upgrade your CPU a second time to something like the Ryzen 5 5600x.

So yes, if a Ryzen 2600 is all you can afford, buying it will give you a performance boost as quickly as possible. Just remember that it's not at all future-proof.
well thx for helping