Question Do i have to buy another CPU or a GPU? (Low GPU% in games)

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Yeah the only problem i see is 60% load on the RTX 2080 via 1440p resolutions. This will only happen if you lower graphical detail all the way and is to be expected if that is the case. One PSU cable would be the cause for low gpu load.

kng8te

Great
Oct 5, 2019
Yeah the only problem i see is 60% load on the RTX 2080 via 1440p resolutions. This will only happen if you lower graphical detail all the way and is to be expected if that is the case. One PSU cable would be the cause for low gpu load.
I have high setting in rust and ther GPU load is on 60-68% the only time it goes up to 80-90 is when im in the starter menu wich is really wierd.

And now i have 2 cables from GPU to PSU.

Im only playing Battlefield 5 and Rust at the moment.

I have high setting in rust and ther GPU load is on 60-68% the only time it goes up to 80-90 is when im in the starter menu wich is really wierd.

And now i have 2 cables from GPU to PSU.

Im only playing Battlefield 5 and Rust at the moment.
I don't think Rust is very graphically demanding. I really don't think you have a problem. You did perform a clean install of windows on to a SSD correct?

kng8te

Great
Oct 5, 2019
I don't think Rust is very graphically demanding. I really don't think you have a problem. You did perform a clean install of windows on to a SSD correct?
But would the clean install remove all the drivers? I noticed that the drivers on the GPU was still there after reinstall.

kng8te

Great
Oct 5, 2019
What do you mean? Did you perform a clean install? If so how did you do it?
I did it via windows

Then i clicked on resett windows. But now when i see closer there is a secound option for a celan install.

Derp im blind.. Should i go for that one instead or via bios if that is possible?

Im sorry im so retarded. Im basicly new in this industry.

Crosslhs82x2

Respectable
Aug 12, 2017
Hey
Sorry I had to leave class this morning after i said i use 2 cables on my 1070 ti but a friend called he updated his bios and could not get it to boot.

Wow what a difference in your system.
As far as the flare x goes I can only get it to 3200 fast using ryzen dram calculator
You might be able to get more as you are on the new bios and a 3800x now where I am on a 3000 bios running a 2600x

Glad to see the guys got you going good.

Reactions: DMAN999

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS