[SOLVED] Do i need a sound card?

Jan 5, 2019
Hello,

I want to improve my gaming, music, watching film experience. So i am think about buying a sound card. I have logitech Z333 speaker, sennheiser cx 2.00 and sennheiser cx 6.00bt. So do you think a sound card effect my experiences? What do you suggest?

Thank you...

Edit: Asus b350m-a motherboard
gtx 1070ti
ryzen 7 1700
16gb ddr4 3000mhz ram

Solution
The only way to go next level for gaming and movies is to get 5.1/7.1 system and a sound card. I don't think you shoud get a sound card just for the prospect a better sound, chances are you won't hear a difference. Sorround is the way to go.
The only way to go next level for gaming and movies is to get 5.1/7.1 system and a sound card. I don't think you shoud get a sound card just for the prospect a better sound, chances are you won't hear a difference. Sorround is the way to go.

That depends entirely on the speaker/headphones he's using. Even cheap (~$99) audiophile setups can benefit from a soundcard.

For most users, the two cards I typically recommend are the ASUS Xonar DGX ($40) and Creative Sound Blaster Z ($99). Pretty much all the options beyond those cards are unjustified unless running a much higher end audiophile setup.

D

Deleted member 14196

I’ll never buy another sound card in my life. Get a good External DAC and AMP

Schiit Audio forever. $99 you can start with the Fulla dac/amp. Better quality go with the Magni Amp and Modi Multibit DAC