[SOLVED] Do I need an Antivirus beside windows defender?

pc-hardware

Reputable
Jan 29, 2020
Hi Dears. I have windows 8 or 10 ... Im not sure whitch version I have. I saw windows defender on my pc after I installed the Antivirus.
do I need another antivirus beside windows defender? Or I uninstall windows defender and use a security packege like ESET Internet Security?
do u think windows defender and My antivirus works well together? my windows will run slowly?

Solution
"Do I need an Antivirus beside windows defender?"

Yes. The squishy thing between your ears.

After that, Windows Defender works just fine. It is easily the equal of any other AV tool.

pc-hardware

Reputable
Jan 29, 2020
"Do I need an Antivirus beside windows defender?"

Yes. The squishy thing between your ears.

After that, Windows Defender works just fine. It is easily the equal of any other AV tool.
Thank you so much. So my decide is correct?
I installed ESET Internet Security Beside Window Defender.
sorry my english is not good.

USAFRet

Titan
For instance, Win Defender updates my main PC:
idoybif.png

Aug 28, 2021
twitch.tv
Hi Dears. I have windows 8 or 10 ... Im not sure whitch version I have. I saw windows defender on my pc after I installed the Antivirus.
do I need another antivirus beside windows defender? Or I uninstall windows defender and use a security packege like ESET Internet Security?
do u think windows defender and My antivirus works well together? my windows will run slowly?

It looks like the answer has already been provided, but no, Windows Defender and Firewall work very well. Yes some 3rd party software may come with more bells and whistles, upgraded UIs, and bells and whistles, but Windows Defender and Firewall was specifically written to work well for Windows PCs.

Another way to think about it...when you have to replace a part on your car you can purchase a OEM part ("Original Equipment Manufacturer") or a third-party part. Chevy OEM = AC Delco. Chrysler OEM = Mopar. Ford OEM = Ford/Motorcraft. These parts will generally always be a better replacement as they are made by the car's manufacturer and not a different company which is making a knock-off of the part. (However using third-party parts can save you a TON of money on car repairs). :p Granted the third-party parts will serve their purpose, they are not made to the same manufacturing standards as OEM parts. The nice thing about Windows Defender and Firewall is that it's "free"...it comes with the operating system. Third party anti-virus and firewalls will likely cost you some cash. Yes there are some free third-party options but they may have some limitations or disadvantages.

TRENDING THREADS