Question Do I need to connect the pump for liquid cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 3, 2020
My aorus 240 is not connected to my motherboard it actually connects to itself which I had very very hard time getting that info from the manufacturer. The pump in that type actually plugs into a wire coming from the pump. Not sure how the pump powers the pump but go figure that

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Pumps don't attach to pumps. Simple designs use the cpu_fan header for power/tach and the motherboard for fans. Most software controlled use the cpu_fan header for tach, Sata for power to both fans and pump and USB2 for software.

If you attached the cpu_fan header to a fan outlet, that will work only on a Sata powered pump, but is not correct.

Jan 3, 2020
I have no cpu fan or pump header used. But there some harlcom misspelled probably that is showing in my boot sequence not sure what that is but I’m guessing it’s a over ride telling my bios I have cooler for cpu

Jan 3, 2020
I sent them a question about these 2 wires because they are not talked about in the instructions. Both wires come from the pump you see there answer is connect them together. They exactly which wires they are because I sent them a detailed pic of each wire from the pump. It’s very confusing for me to because I had no idea where to plug the pump into. I tried plugging it into the cpu pump and fan header didn’t work because I couldn’t control the rpm. Only way it works is plug the 4 pin wire coming from the pump to the pin wire labeled pump coming from the pump. It the dumbest thing I think

Status
Not open for further replies.