[SOLVED] Do I need to re-apply cooling paste of CPU after a certain time period ?

Amit_84

Honorable
Aug 15, 2016
Hello Friends :) ,

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2019.

I have bought my PC nearly 1 year ago.I have Intel Core i5 - 7500 as CPU.As you know, this CPU comes with a stock cooler and it has COOLING Paste applied on it. I am using the stock cooler for my CPU.My PC is working well.Friends,is it required to re-apply the cooling paste after a certain time interval,for proper working of my CPU ? i.e. I mean to say remove the cooler from the CPU and apply the cooling paste freshly again.If it is needed to be done,Can you please tell me the time interval after which I re-apply the cooling paste ?

Thank You :).

Solution
I have a i3 2130 sitting at home that's 7 years old on the stock cooler, never touched the paste, still has fine temps. However if you ever remove the cooler more than a few days after install I'd suggest cleaning it off with 90% isopropyl and reapplying

Amit_84

Honorable
Aug 15, 2016

Thanks for the reply,friend :) .I understand it now.Friend,suppose if I remove the heatsink of the CPU,then there will be the leftovers of previously applied thermal paste on CPU.How to clean those leftovers ? I have ISOPROPYL liquid,my friend,Can I use this with a cotton cloth to wipe those leftovers form my CPU ? Then apply the Thermal paste again.

Thanks again :) .

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador
I have a i3 2130 sitting at home that's 7 years old on the stock cooler, never touched the paste, still has fine temps. However if you ever remove the cooler more than a few days after install I'd suggest cleaning it off with 90% isopropyl and reapplying

Solution

Amit_84

Honorable
Aug 15, 2016

Thanks for the reply,friend :) .