Question Do I need to re-install Windows again?

OnlyAlex

Commendable
Sep 16, 2021

Do I need to re-install Windows again?​

Hi everyone, I am pretty new to using Windows 11 and am finding my feet, so please forgive me if my question sounds stupid!

I had a BSOD that happened nearly a month ago and was an unspecified error. I did a hardware scan which found no errors and I re-installed Windows and since then, touch wood, this issue hasn’t re-occurred. I also did a CHKDSK scan by following the Windows 11 support article and carrying out the /f and /r option. The scan didn’t find any errors and there’s no Found.000 folder anywhere, is that a bad thing?

I had an issue with Armoury Crate software that controls fan profiles of my ASUS laptop and the only way to install it again was to uninstall AC using ASUS official uninstaller which I duly did. Re-installed and everything worked perfectly. I followed the steps provided by ASUS, (https://rog.asus.com/articles/guides/how-to-cleanly-uninstall-and-reinstall-armoury-crate/) and the laptop configuration works like it used to, but I am worried that I shouldn’t have done this.

Did I do any of the above wrong? If everything works fine do I need to re-install Windows? Thanks so much in advance!

"............... I am worried that I shouldn’t have done this..............."

"this" meaning reinstall Armory Crate????

I've never used it, but I'm not sure why you would think you would have to reinstall Windows assuming all appears well. Did you read that somewhere?

Or am I totally misunderstanding you?

Reactions: OnlyAlex

OnlyAlex

Commendable
Sep 16, 2021
"............... I am worried that I shouldn’t have done this..............."

"this" meaning reinstall Armory Crate????

I've never used it, but I'm not sure why you would think you would have to reinstall Windows assuming all appears well. Did you read that somewhere?

Or am I totally misunderstanding you?
Uninstalling and then re-installing Armoury Crate, yes. Alongside running CHKDSK /F & /R commands.

It doesn’t say anywhere to reset the device, I was just wondering if I needed to.