[SOLVED] Do I need to replace 1 week old thermal paste?

Jan 30, 2021
So I bought a custom PC from Cyberpower because you can't get 5900x for msrp anywhere. I got the base cpu cooler and purchased my own aio liquid cooler to change it out when it arrives. Do I need to completely remove the thermal paste they applied and do a fresh application if it's only been about 1 week since the original paste was applied?

Solution
So I bought a custom PC from Cyberpower because you can't get 5900x for msrp anywhere. I got the base cpu cooler and purchased my own aio liquid cooler to change it out when it arrives. Do I need to completely remove the thermal paste they applied and do a fresh application if it's only been about 1 week since the original paste was applied?
Yes, age is not the problem. Everytime you remove the cpu cooler the tim should be cleaned and reapplied. If the new AIO has pre applied tim then you'll just need to clean the old stuff off the cpu.

bignastyid

Titan
Yes, age is not the problem. Everytime you remove the cpu cooler the tim should be cleaned and reapplied. If the new AIO has pre applied tim then you'll just need to clean the old stuff off the cpu.

Reactions: Doobie Dobby
Solution