Question Do I need to update the latest bios for ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi)?

xxdms2k11xx

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2013
I just bought an AMD Ryzen 7 5800x yesterday. I'm planning to buy an ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi)
I wonder if this CPU + MOBO will work before Updating the bios from ASUS Website. BTW I don't have a Zen 2 CPU.

logainofhades

Titan
It may or may not. Depends on how old of stock that board is. I would recommend a different board, that has a bios flashback feature, so the bios won't be an issue. B550 is sufficient, and often has better I/O as well. Unless you really feel you need to have more Gen 4 storage, x570 is not really necessary. Also no chipset fan. Only reason I have x570 is because it was all that was available, when Zen2 launched. Honestly, unless you got a really good deal on that CPU, a 12700f would have been a better choice.

xxdms2k11xx

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2013
It may or may not. Depends on how old of stock that board is. I would recommend a different board, that has a bios flashback feature, so the bios won't be an issue. B550 is sufficient, and often has better I/O as well. Unless you really feel you need to have more Gen 4 storage, x570 is not really necessary. Also no chipset fan. Only reason I have x570 is because it was all that was available, when Zen2 launched. Honestly, unless you got a really good deal on that CPU, a 12700f would have been a better choice.
Thanks for reply how about rog-strix-b550-f-gaming (WI-FI) will be good pair my ryzen 7 5800x?