Question Do I need to upgrade my PC and if so what should I focus on?

Chicago_RMX

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2015
Approximate Purchase Date: Any time over the next few months

Budget Range: 1,000

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming > Movies > googling

Are you buying a monitor: No

Parts to Upgrade:
CPU:
Intel® Core™ i9-10900KF Processor (10X 3.70 GHz /20MB L3 Cache)

RAM: 32 GB [8 GB X4] DDR4-3600 Memory Module - G.SKILL Trident Z (RGB LED)

mobo: MSI MAG Z590 TOMAHAWK WIFI, WiFi 6E, ARGB Header (2), USB 3.2 Ports (1 Type-C, 6 Type-A), M.2 Slot (3)

Re-using:

Processor Cooling
: CORSAIR Hydro Series H115i RGB PLATINUM 280mm Liquid CPU Cooling

Case: be quiet! Dark Base PRO 900 Tempered Glass Gaming Case - Orange with Wireless Charging and LED Lighting

GPU: NVIDIA Founders Edition GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB Video Card

Power Supply: 1200 Watt - Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB - 80 PLUS Platinum, Full Modula

Do you need to buy OS: No

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Amazon but open to other sites

Parts Preferences: Intel, no preference for the motherboard or RAM

Overclocking: I don’t want to mess with overclocking. I always screw things up. Looking for best out of the box.

SLI or Crossfire: No

Your Monitor Resolution: 4K

Additional Comments: I like RGB features

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: I want higher FPS when gaming at 4K. I feel like I am not getting anywhere near the best performance from my 4090. I originally built my pc with a 3080 and a year and a half ago I picked up a 4090 on sale. It was a huge improvement but I still have to spend hours messing around with game settings to get my desired FPS which is 90+ minimum. I see streamers with 4090 getting 90-120 fps where I am only getting 60- 90 FPS with the same game, settings and resolution. Basically I want to check the Max settings boxes(not extreme 10 years out settings) for every game and not have to adjust anything other then raytracing.

Chicago_RMX

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2015
Wow I did not know these kinds of bundles existed and I didn't know there was a physical store in Chicago. This is exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for.

Which bundle do you recommend? Which one will give me the best performance when it comes high demanding games? I would prefer not to have to upgrade anything for at least two years.

Reactions: artk2219
Parts to Upgrade:
CPU:
Intel® Core™ i9-10900KF Processor (10X 3.70 GHz /20MB L3 Cache)
RAM: 32 GB [8 GB X4] DDR4-3600 Memory Module - G.SKILL Trident Z (RGB LED)
Your Monitor Resolution: 4K
And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: I want higher FPS when gaming at 4K. I feel like I am not getting anywhere near the best performance from my 4090.
I see streamers with 4090 getting 90-120 fps where I am only getting 60- 90 FPS with the same game, settings and resolution.
Check if your ram is working at XMP frequencies.
Probably still have it at 2133mhz.

Use CPU-Z. Show screenshots from CPU-Z - memory and spd sections.
(upload to imgur.com and post link)

logainofhades

Titan
Wow I did not know these kinds of bundles existed and I didn't know there was a physical store in Chicago. This is exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for.

Which bundle do you recommend? Which one will give me the best performance when it comes high demanding games? I would prefer not to have to upgrade anything for at least two years.

Yea Microcenter is amazing, I am in Southern IL, so I go to the one over near St.Louis, when I can.

Of the available bundles, I would choose this one.

https://www.microcenter.com/product...ies-32gb-ddr5-6000-kit,-computer-build-bundle