[SOLVED] Do Noctua nf-a12x25 fans work with Corsair ICUE/AIO? (h100i pro XT)

Abothen1808

Prominent
Jun 17, 2020
Hey guys im wanting to replace all my corsair ml120 fans with the noctua nf-a12x25 im quiet new to PC building and tech stuff i was wondering if the fans will work with ICUE and with the Corsair h100i pro xt since they need to be used with the Y splitter from the AIO not directly to the MOBO i was wondering if i could still control the Fan curve/rpm from ICUE with these fans since they are not corsair fans and ive never used software to control fan curve/rpm always used bios

Solution
The Maglev fans are PWM, and the NF-A12 fans, if it is the PWM model, are PWM, so to any controller, header or the BIOS, they SHOULD look exactly the same. If you can control any other PWM fan via that controller, then you can control the Noctua PWM fans from that controller. And most likely, any DC controlled fans as well. I'm not 150% positive on the DC controlled 3 pin fans being properly controllable using that software, because I haven't used it, but these days the majority of controllers are now able to work with both types of fans and software really doesn't care either way anyhow so long as the hardware supports it.
The Maglev fans are PWM, and the NF-A12 fans, if it is the PWM model, are PWM, so to any controller, header or the BIOS, they SHOULD look exactly the same. If you can control any other PWM fan via that controller, then you can control the Noctua PWM fans from that controller. And most likely, any DC controlled fans as well. I'm not 150% positive on the DC controlled 3 pin fans being properly controllable using that software, because I haven't used it, but these days the majority of controllers are now able to work with both types of fans and software really doesn't care either way anyhow so long as the hardware supports it.

Solution

Abothen1808

Prominent
Jun 17, 2020
Ty i was just a bit worried i have never plugged fans into a splitter from the AIO before i always had plugged them straight to the mobo so plugging the fans into the pump is strange for me but thank you for the fast reply

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
As Darkbreeze has said, the control system certainly WILL work for those fans. There are two other properties of a fan to consider, too. One is the max air flow capability, and the other is the max backpressure rating (important for pushing air through a finned radiator). For BOTH of these items the specs of those Noctuas are quite suitable. So overall those are a good choice for your needs.

Reactions: Darkbreeze