Do not apply GPO to one machine in an OU

1. Create a security group for computers to which you want to apply GPO,
2. put all but one computer (the one that you don't want GPO to be applied
to) in that security groups,
3. edit GPO security settings and remove Authenticated users from reading
and applying GPO's
4. Add your security group rights to read and apply GPO

--
Regards

Matjaz Ladava, ladava.com
MCSA, MCSE, MCT
Microsoft MVP Windows Server - Directory Services
e-mail: matjaz@ladava.com, matjazl@mvps.org

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 17:58:21 +0100, Matjaz Ladava [MVP] wrote:

> 1. Create a security group for computers to which you want to apply GPO,
> 2. put all but one computer (the one that you don't want GPO to be applied
> to) in that security groups,
> 3. edit GPO security settings and remove Authenticated users from reading
> and applying GPO's
> 4. Add your security group rights to read and apply GPO

Alternatively, and perhaps more simply ...

1) Create a security group for the computer(s) you don't wish to apply the
GPO to.
2) Edit the GPO's delegation tab (Advanced) and Add a Deny Apply for that
group.

Cheers,

Kenny.

I usually like to avoid using DENY.......you end up getting a lot of log
events - among other things.

--
Cary W. Shultz
Roanoke, VA 24014

http://www.activedirectory-win2000.com
http://www.grouppolicy-win2000.com

"Kenneth MacDonald" <K.MacDonald@ed.ac.uk> wrote in message
> On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 17:58:21 +0100, Matjaz Ladava [MVP] wrote:
>
>> 1. Create a security group for computers to which you want to apply GPO,
>> 2. put all but one computer (the one that you don't want GPO to be
>> applied
>> to) in that security groups,
>> 3. edit GPO security settings and remove Authenticated users from reading
>> and applying GPO's
>> 4. Add your security group rights to read and apply GPO
>
> Alternatively, and perhaps more simply ...
>
> 1) Create a security group for the computer(s) you don't wish to apply the
> GPO to.
> 2) Edit the GPO's delegation tab (Advanced) and Add a Deny Apply for that
> group.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Kenny.

savo jr

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2008
If organisation is not very small there is propably coming new computer accounts which all must be added in case that new SG is used instead of auth.users.

Deny rule works and is steady. It's the reason why denying GPO's is made possible.