Build Advice Do these parts work well together, and if they don't, why not ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2022
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x 6-Core 3.7GHz
motherboard: MB Gigabyte B450 AORUS Elite V2 AM4 DDR4
RAM: DIMM 8GB DDR4 3600MHz Kingston Fury Beast CL17 (2 x sticks)
Main drive: SSD M.2 Samsung NVMe 980 PRO 500GB
Graphics card: Gigabyte Radeon RX 6600 XT GAMING OC 8GB GDDR6 2xHDMI/2xDP DX12U PCIe 4.0 RGB WINDFORCE 3X
PSU: 600W Sharkoon SHP BRONZE 80 Plus Bronze
If someone could point out would the performance be good (in gaming mostly), I would be really thankful.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2022
Motherboard and CPU are not compatible. You want a motherboard made for AMD. Look for a B550 or X570.

You also need a quality PSU. Look for one 550w or better for that setup.

Where do you buy your parts from?
Well I was originally thinking of buying them separately, and getting someone else build it, but as for shops i can specify a few such as Anhoch or DDRS store as well as Amazon but as i said, i am not quite sure weather the performance would be good and can the parts work well together or weather I should buy them from merchants for lower price (because I cant really know weather the parts are in good shape or not).
Also thanks for pointing out the compatibility problem, I already fixed it but posted the wrong cpu :).

DSzymborski

Titan
Whatever AMD motherboard you go with, make sure you take into consideration how you're going to update it if you get a motherboard that didn't come with Zen 3 functionality out of the box (which is most). The simplest way is to get a motherboard in which Zen 3 was compatible on the first BIOS version or one with a Flashback-type feature that allows you to update the BIOS without a CPU.

The PSU is extremely low-quality, group-regulated junk. You're definitely going to need to raise the budget and get a competent, safe PSU. If that's not feasible, then I'd shelve the whole idea of a new PC build.

Reactions: ninomih

Ar558

Proper
Dec 13, 2022
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x 6-Core 3.7GHz
motherboard: MB Gigabyte B450 AORUS Elite V2 AM4 DDR4
RAM: DIMM 8GB DDR4 3600MHz Kingston Fury Beast CL17 (2 x sticks)
Main drive: SSD M.2 Samsung NVMe 980 PRO 500GB
Graphics card: Gigabyte Radeon RX 6600 XT GAMING OC 8GB GDDR6 2xHDMI/2xDP DX12U PCIe 4.0 RGB WINDFORCE 3X
PSU: 600W Sharkoon SHP BRONZE 80 Plus Bronze
If someone could point out would the performance be good (in gaming mostly), I would be really thankful.

Mostly looks good, I would say 16GB is an absolute minimum for RAM these days and personally I would recommend 32GB (you can get alot of DDR4 for relatively little money). Also the 500GB SSD will not last long if you are playing any modern games, I would recommend either a second SSD of at least 1TB or a large HDD of 3-4 TB which will get you all the storage you need for games and any other media.

Reactions: ninomih
Dec 24, 2022
Whatever AMD motherboard you go with, make sure you take into consideration how you're going to update it if you get a motherboard that didn't come with Zen 3 functionality out of the box (which is most). The simplest way is to get a motherboard in which Zen 3 was compatible on the first BIOS version or one with a Flashback-type feature that allows you to update the BIOS without a CPU.

The PSU is extremely low-quality, group-regulated junk. You're definitely going to need to raise the budget and get a competent, safe PSU. If that's not feasible, then I'd shelve the whole idea of a new PC build.
I thank you for the reply, but i would like to ask another question since you mentioned the psu:
PSU 600W Sharkoon SHP BRONZE 80 Plus Bronze Real Power, 12cm Fan
is bad and not safe, how so? and what problems might occur?

DSzymborski

Titan
I thank you for the reply, but i would like to ask another question since you mentioned the psu:
PSU 600W Sharkoon SHP BRONZE 80 Plus Bronze Real Power, 12cm Fan
is bad and not safe, how so? and what problems might occur?

Because it's made with cheap parts with poor protections and has an ancient voltage regulation design that is intended for PCs Pentium III and older. Among the things that it can result in is crashing, frying components, or simply shortening the lifespan of your components over time through poor voltage regulation and incompetent filtering.

As I said, if you're intent on using this PSU, that's a serious enough problem that you should abandon the idea of a new PC build. A safe, competent PSU is the most important part of a build and the last place to cut corners. Sharkoon is a company that sells very cheap products with cutrate parts; only a few Sharkoon PSUs are even worth spending any money on.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran
Dec 24, 2022
Because it's made with cheap parts with poor protections and has an ancient voltage regulation design that is intended for PCs Pentium III and older. Among the things that it can result in is crashing, frying components, or simply shortening the lifespan of your components over time through poor voltage regulation and incompetent filtering.

As I said, if you're intent on using this PSU, that's a serious enough problem that you should abandon the idea of a new PC build. A safe, competent PSU is the most important part of a build and the last place to cut corners. Sharkoon is a company that sells very cheap products with cutrate parts; only a few Sharkoon PSUs are even worth spending any money on.
alright, thanks for info :)

Status
Not open for further replies.