[SOLVED] Do these temperatures sound right?

Furzumz

Reputable
Just wanna make sure I installed the thing properly and used enough paste. Never used a cooler like this before so I got no idea what's considered 'normal'

Cooler is NH-D14
CPU is ryzen 9 3900x

Cinebench: 73c after 5 back to back runs
Prime 95 "blend" test for 20 minutes: 50c
Idle temps: 35 to 50c, average 40c

Solution
Just wanna make sure I installed the thing properly and used enough paste. Never used a cooler like this before so I got no idea what's considered 'normal'

Cooler is NH-D14
CPU is ryzen 9 3900x

Prime should heat CPU more , check for load and frequency, others are quite normal. At true idle temps should be up to 10c higher than environment but true idle is difficult to achieve as windows are always doing something in the background, if you turn off all resident programs from Startup, you'll get closer to true idle. Even monitoring program can wake it up from idle.

Cooler is NH-D14
CPU is ryzen 9 3900x

Prime should heat CPU more , check for load and frequency, others are quite normal. At true idle temps should be up to 10c higher than environment but true idle is difficult to achieve as windows are always doing something in the background, if you turn off all resident programs from Startup, you'll get closer to true idle. Even monitoring program can wake it up from idle.

Reactions: Furzumz
Solution

Furzumz

Reputable

I wasn't watching the temps close enough, that's my bad. Seems to start out at 65c, sits at 50c for awhile then works its way up to 78c and back down to the low 70's

Temps look very good to me, I'd be more than happy with that.

I'm very happy about the temps, just wanted to make sure they seem normal in case I did something wrong with paste application or improper mounting

It's nice to see someone with common sense use a cooler that's up to the job with the ryzen 9 without any kind of argument.

I was lacking in the common sense department, I was trying to run this on a 120mm AIO originally :sweatsmile:

Thank you guys for the help, I appreciate it