Do we format SDD the same way like we do the HDD while Installing Windows 7 ? & Quick Format or Delete ? Which option is good?

Sam Dactyle

Commendable
Feb 21, 2016
I wanna format my PC just the C drive. I have SSD 128 GB in C drive and 2 TB HDD other drives but I only want to format C drive so should I do it the same like i used to do with HDD ? & which option should i choose ? format or delete and make a new one ? or should i just do a quick format ? Please help thanks.

Solution

Yes you can. The issue arises when you do the OS install, as outlined above.
It is not required, but highly recommended.

Secondly, I see questions here just about every day "Oops! I acidentally formatted my D drive!! How do I get everything back?!?"
If it is physically disconnected, that is impossible to do.

USAFRet

Titan

For an install, yeah, mostly the same as an HDD.

Disconnect all other drives
Boot from your install media
Delete all existing partitions
Let Windows create what it needs.

Sam Dactyle

Commendable
Feb 21, 2016

How Do I Disconnect other drives? Can't I just quick format only C drive and don't touch the other drives? will it work ?

USAFRet

Titan

Open the case and unplug the cables.
Why? When you install the OS, it will often put the System Reserved partition on the other drive. A year from now, when you want to take that drive out...no boot for you.

Sam Dactyle

Commendable
Feb 21, 2016

Answers are really confusing

Sam Dactyle

Commendable
Feb 21, 2016

But Can't I format Just C drive without disconnecting the other drives? I'll be doing it through boot with a DVD

USAFRet

Titan

Yes you can. The issue arises when you do the OS install, as outlined above.
It is not required, but highly recommended.

Secondly, I see questions here just about every day "Oops! I acidentally formatted my D drive!! How do I get everything back?!?"
If it is physically disconnected, that is impossible to do.

Solution

Sam Dactyle

Commendable
Feb 21, 2016

Got you