[SOLVED] Do you think this is a good $200 gaming pc?

Giant Hunger

Respectable
Jun 23, 2021
My friend ask me to build a $200 gaming pc so here are the list ive picked so far

CPU: Xeon x5670 6 cores 12 threads: $10
mobo: x58: $43
Ram: 16gb ddr3 1600mhz ecc: $30
SSD: 120gb: $15
Hdd: 500gb: $10
Psu: thermaltake litepower 400w: $9
Case: some random chinese tempered glass case: $10
Cpu cooler: cool chinese rgb cooler: $4
Gpu: undecided probably GTX 750 ti($75). During the gpu shortages i really want gpu prices to go down hopefully at the end of 2022 i could get a gtx 1050 at $80
Total: $206

Btw the games my friend play is league of legends, genshin impact, little nightmare and fall guys.

These parts in my country are used btw.
Do you guys have any suggestion?

Last edited:
Solution
Tech Yes City would be proud.

I really have never followed the whole Xeon 'value solution' builds so don't know a lot about compatibility. I do enjoy watching Bry over at the channel listed above build such...

IMO building just about any working computer with 6C 12T and 16GB of RAM for $200 is a good thing. If this works as expected and the individual is playing older or less demanding titles I say kudos to you.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Tech Yes City would be proud.

I really have never followed the whole Xeon 'value solution' builds so don't know a lot about compatibility. I do enjoy watching Bry over at the channel listed above build such...

IMO building just about any working computer with 6C 12T and 16GB of RAM for $200 is a good thing. If this works as expected and the individual is playing older or less demanding titles I say kudos to you.

Reactions: Giant Hunger
Solution

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
60GB SSD - Too small

60GB would be a challenge for a Windows build in that, it will load the first time but run out of space for major updates. Considering the budgetary challenge presented at $200, would probably consider a free Linux distro which would not only bypass this issue, but lower overhead as an OS would make the aged components (seem) better.
There are ways to game with Linux and in particular Steam can be run on it.

USAFRet

Titan
60GB would be a challenge for a Windows build in that, it will load the first time but run out of space for major updates. Considering the budgetary challenge presented at $200, would probably consider a free Linux distro which would not only bypass this issue, but lower overhead as an OS would make the aged components (seem) better.
There are ways to game with Linux and in particular Steam can be run on it.
I'd go with only a spinning drive, rather than try to suffer through a 60GB SSD.
Put that $60 elsewhere.