DOA 670FTW Sig2

Bellular

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2011
Hi. Just got my 670FTW Sig2 and it seems to be a bit dead / im derping somewhere. When I install the card into the PCIE3 slot I get no signal. The computer boots properly and I hear the login noise etc. The cards fans also turn on. Before installing I removed the old dirvers. I had origionally thought that the computer was defaulting to the integrated graphics, but when I put the DVI cable into the mobo nothing happens. My old 560ti works perfectly.

Specs:
3570k,
670FTW Sig2
Corsair TX750
8gb Kingston Hyperx
Asrock Extreme 4 Z77

Any help would be brilliant!

weaselman

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
Looking at your specs of your system I doubt your problem first of all has little to do with the power supply a Corsair TX750, all looks fine there. I may ask but since your running 8gb of system memory I presuming it is two sticks, and one is placed in Dimm a1 and the other in Dimm B1. Sometimes this can cause a problem. Be aware that some of the Pci-e slots are set to run on a Pci-e 2.0 Standard and some have a Pci-e 3.0 standard.
It may be the case you have put the card in a Pci-2.0 slot where the card is running a Pci-e 3.0 standard and does not fall back to 2.0 specs, this could be the problem to the lack of display. Obviously you set the in the bios the Pci-e graphics slot to be the default primary graphics output device making sure you saved the settings before you exited the bios.
The only other thing is to check you have plugged all of the power connectors in the back of edge of the graphics card, and also the 8 pin near the cpu socket in plugged in.
If you have done that then it may be to do with the Pci-e slot you put the card into it does state in the manual that some run at the pci-3.0 standard and some run at the 2.0 standard this may be the cause of the problem The card is simply in the wrong slot and the card its self may not have a fall back feature to use 2.0 Have a look in the manual anyway see if you inserted the card into a 2.0 slot a simple move to a Pci-e 3.0 slot may resolve the problem. Obviously make sure your Hdmi or Dvi cable is connected to the back display output ports of the 670ftw.
If there was something wrong with the card buy the way the bios would of reported it as a set of beep code errors, that why i conclude it is down the the card simply in the wrong Pci-e slot, hope it works anyway. Let me know if it worked :)

Bellular

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2011

Unfortunately not :(. Thanks for the info dump though! Ive tried both PCIE2 and 3 slots and the two 6 pin power connections are in right. Its quite strange. When the 560ti is in the same slot with the same connectors etc it works fine. Ill send it off to EVGA tomorrow, hopefully they ship new ones fast!