Dec 15, 2015
Recently I’ve just built a pretty beefy computer. My specs are as follows

cpu -Ryzen 3800x
Mobo - X570 asus crosshair viii hero
Ram - 2x8 Corsair vengeance rgb pro 3600mhz
Gpu - EVGA GeForce gtx 1070
SSD - Samsung 970evo 1tb
PSU - Corsair 750 wt

but I’ve encountered a problem. When enabling the built in DOCP setting to get the rates speed of my DIMMS the computer will refuse to post. It does not always fail just every so often. When it has booted correctly I’ve often had long gaming sessions with the 3600 speed and no problems. Although every time I reboot I have to worry about my system not posting(confirmed from post code). The DIMMs are in the corrects slots( A2 + B2). The only way to fix it is to either remove one Dimm and the computer will post and revert my setting or it is to clear CMOS. Just to confirm temps and load of my cpu and corresponding parts seem to be just fine during these failures.
Any ideas on a solution would be greatly appreciated!

Xbloodshot99

Reputable
Dec 15, 2015
yes i am running the latest bios version. I also did indeed set it to 3200mhz and still managed to get the same problem. Usually will boot. But on the Occasion it will not post and the Dram led on the motherboard is on with its corresponding code.

also i have used memtest86 with the ram overclocked and even through all 4 passes dont seem to get any type of error

TRENDING THREADS