[SOLVED] Does 380watt power supply enough to power the nvidia 8800gt

Hello Guys

Reputable
Jan 16, 2021
so recently i buy nvidia 8800 gt now i dont know how many watt i need i only have a 380watt power supply is it enough.

Solution
I had an XFX 8800GT 512 Alpha Dog edition, 6pin pcie, man that card was awesome. Back in the day.

Unless it's an actual nvidia reference card you have, any of the partner cards expect upto a 150w draw. Add in another 70w for the cpu and another 100w to cover the drives and fan and motherboard etc and you are pushing @ 320w total.

Where that gets screwy is the age of your components. Modern systems use primarily 12v. Yours does not. It has somewhat higher usage of 3.3v and 5v rails, especially in the gpu itself. So going off the standard 22A rating (264w) being a lot lower than normal, it's not as bad because of the minor rails usage.

The screwy part being just how much usage. If you take a standard gaming load as being 70% of...
Mar 15, 2021
Just a reminder that a small power buffer for the PSU is always a good idea. In essence you don't want to have your PSU run at full power outage all the time, the fan will die quicker and will make a heck tone of more noise. In my opinion spending 10 more bucks on your PSU just to get a bit over the required ammount will be worth it. If you already have the PSU then, well as people alredy said it will run fine.

Hello Guys

Reputable
Jan 16, 2021
What is the exact model of 8800 GT? Because this doesn't sound at all like an 8800 GT then; the 8800 GT's base model was a 125W GPU, which means a PCIE power plug. This sounds a lot more like an 8600 GT.
Nvidia GForce 8800 gt 512MB 256BIT DDR3
201-front.small.jpg

DSzymborski

Titan
Nvidia GForce 8800 gt 512MB 256BIT DDR3
201-front.small.jpg

Yes, I know what an 8800 GT looks like and if I didn't, I can Google it too. I wanted information on your card.

Because, well, here are two things. Including one from the site you pasted a picture from.

Untitled.png

I'm trying to get information about what you have to make a safe recommendation, but what you say you have is inconsistent with how the thing you say you have was manufactured. Without accurate information, there's no assistance I can give, so I wish you luck.