[SOLVED] Does a corrupt game save effect the entire SSD?

dunkirkman

Reputable
Oct 7, 2017
So I recently installed metro Exodus. I crashed the first time I ran it and got a "minimum specs to run this game" warning because I installed a reshade without renaming the dll. (You gotta or else the reshade won't work) So I renamed it and everything worked perfectly.

Play the game for the first time. Asked me to boot the game in safe mode (cause I crashed it earlier) I hit no. I played 4 hours and it ran amazingly... and when I launched the game a second time after taking a break, it said my save was corrupt. Would you like to overwrite? I hit yes and picked up from when I last started. First off, how is that possible if it was corrupted? Second. When a save gets corrupted, does it effect performance at all like for that specific game or even the entire SSD? Metro Exodus is having these issues right now so I'm not the only one.

But again...when a corrupt save takes place...does it damage the SSD or anything? I closed the game properly and everything looked ok. Apparently steam cloud is the issue for metro Exodus right now.

Last edited:
Solution
No physical damage takes place to the SSD. A Corrupted file of any kind is just a file that was written improperly. and the reason you could overwrite it was probably because the game either loaded an earlier saved or used an auto save.

As far as it affecting other games, no, not unless something major happened in the file system, which is high high doubtful.
No physical damage takes place to the SSD. A Corrupted file of any kind is just a file that was written improperly. and the reason you could overwrite it was probably because the game either loaded an earlier saved or used an auto save.

As far as it affecting other games, no, not unless something major happened in the file system, which is high high doubtful.

Solution