[SOLVED] does AMD Ryzen™ 7 3700X make sense in a new gamming pc build targeting to last me the first few years of nextgen consoles?

eathdemon1

Reputable
Oct 30, 2016
I am gunna be building a new gamming pc in the next few months. my target is playing AAA games that will be coming out on nextgen. does AMD Ryzen™ 7 3700X make sense in a new gamming pc build targeting to last me the first few years of nextgen consoles? I will be matching it with a 2080 supper.

Solution
Also keep in mind september should come with a lot of hardware launches. We may have a new generation of nvidia GPUs and perhaps new AMD hardware on both CPU and GPU department.

Im not saying that you shoul not buy, just mention that its comin soon, in case you may wait for some of those.

If everything fall into its right place, as long as you get an X570 or the brand new B550 mobos you should be able to update to Zen 3 (Ryzen 4xxx) CPUs later on. I woul really keep an eye on the B550 motherboard reviews comin out right now and the next days.

As for your question, none of us have a magic crystal ball but, the Ryzen 7 3700X should be enough for the next few years of gaming. Console games usually need some time to mature and use...

eathdemon1

Reputable
Oct 30, 2016
The 3700x is a very good choice, for a gaming CPU, that you want to last awhile. Having 8c/16t should be beneficial in the long term, as games become more multithreaded. A trend that has finally started to take place.
for onnce, I am kinda at a lose for genral specs. I dont tend to overspend given my target lifespan before replacing is 3 years I am having a bit of trouble gauging what hardware ?I would need, given reported specs of nextgen consoles.

johnsoner13

Respectable
I am gunna be building a new gamming pc in the next few months. my target is playing AAA games that will be coming out on nextgen. does AMD Ryzen™ 7 3700X make sense in a new gamming pc build targeting to last me the first few years of nextgen consoles? I will be matching it with a 2080 supper.
It’s fine, next gen consoles won’t even be CLOSE to a rig like that.

eathdemon1

Reputable
Oct 30, 2016
It’s fine, next gen consoles won’t even be CLOSE to a rig like that.
I may cut back to a 2070 supper, not for budget reassons, but b/c both my monitors are 1080p. never cared for 4k, just want 60fps. its the cpu side of nextgen (both ps5/xsx having 8c/16t) I am not sure how that efects the pc side of things.

Also keep in mind september should come with a lot of hardware launches. We may have a new generation of nvidia GPUs and perhaps new AMD hardware on both CPU and GPU department.

Im not saying that you shoul not buy, just mention that its comin soon, in case you may wait for some of those.

If everything fall into its right place, as long as you get an X570 or the brand new B550 mobos you should be able to update to Zen 3 (Ryzen 4xxx) CPUs later on. I woul really keep an eye on the B550 motherboard reviews comin out right now and the next days.

As for your question, none of us have a magic crystal ball but, the Ryzen 7 3700X should be enough for the next few years of gaming. Console games usually need some time to mature and use everything the new hardware have to offer.

The RTX 2070 Super is a beast for 1080p and 1440p. I have a Ryzen 5 3600 and RTX 2070 (non-super) and it works awesome in my 32 inches 1440p@60Hz monitor (AVG FPS are usually between 70~115 FPS with highest/ultra details depending on the game). If I tune down some non-sense settings like for example shadows from ultra to high or even mid It can be better.

Solution
I may cut back to a 2070 supper, not for budget reassons, but b/c both my monitors are 1080p. never cared for 4k, just want 60fps. its the cpu side of nextgen (both ps5/xsx having 8c/16t) I am not sure how that efects the pc side of things.

I would highly recommend looking at 1440p monitors. I made the switch from 1080p a few months ago, would never go back!