Question Does any fan hub work for any case fans?

Sep 7, 2024
So right now I have 4 rosewill rgb 6pin connector case fans. My current rosewill fan hub just stopped working (not sure why). But I went on rosewill's website and they don't seem to sell just the fan hub and I don't really wanna buy the entire bundle of fans, remote, etc just for the fan hub. So I was wondering if I bought another fan hub would it work with the rosewill fans as long as that fan hub also has 6 pin connectors?

Specs (just in case it's needed):
gpu: RTX 3070
processor: i7-12700F
PSU: thermaltake toughpower gf3 850W
Motherboard: z690 DDR5

Also 2nd question: can you connect a sata power cable that's for a fan hub into the sata cables that a modular psu has? because they look somewhat different

My modular psu sata cable looks like this:

GDLXYk2.jpeg

However when I look up the sata power cables for fan hubs they have things on the side like this one:
uaAD6t7.png

so will it still fit normally?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When you say 6pin and it's one single connector for each fan, then no you can't use just any hub off the shelf, it's proprietary just like Thermaltake's horribly designed fans. If the fans have two connections stemming from the fan; 1| being a 3pin or 4pin connector and a 3pin ARGB connector then yes you can drop in an aftermarket hub.

My current rosewill fan hub just stopped working (not sure why).
You might want to mention the model of the case(if the hub came with the case) or the link to the bundle of fans.

Might want to include images of the fan hub's and the fans connectors, for the sake of relevance so we know what you're looking at and aren't misinterpreting anything. Host your images on a site like Imgur and then parse the links to said images on your thread.