[SOLVED] Does anyone know how to take a Quadro M6000 apart to replace the thermal paste?

MonsterMaxx

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2015
I have a Quadro M6000. Great cards, but lately it seems to be running pretty hot. It's 6+yrs old and I think the thermal paste is done.

Darned if I can figure out how to get the card apart tho. Took all the screws out, but nothing is moving and I don't want to force anything.

Googled it and found nothing.

Anyone got any instructions for getting this card apart?

Solution
I have some FE cooled GTX980, only screws I recall not being on the back are the I/O backplate screws and the standoffs on the DVI connector, those have to come off I believe.

Once the screws are out, should just be a matter of pulling, might take quite a bit to get it to go.
Considering it's based off of Maxwell 2 and looking at some images of it online, it looks like it's no different than taking apart a GTX 980/980Ti.

Otherwise the general procedure is to start unscrewing things on the back of the video card, though you should find where the fan plugs into first and see if you can disconnect it before disassembly.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I have some FE cooled GTX980, only screws I recall not being on the back are the I/O backplate screws and the standoffs on the DVI connector, those have to come off I believe.

Once the screws are out, should just be a matter of pulling, might take quite a bit to get it to go.

Solution