[SOLVED] Does hdmi 2.0 support 1440p, 144hz, and SMPTE 2084 or is my monitor lying to me.

xander.dec

Reputable
May 13, 2018
I'm pretty upset at myself right now. For background, I've run my Pixio 276h through a display port for its entire lifespan. I recently tried to enable hdr in windows display settings as I didn't have the option to enable hdr while in-game. I did a little research and came to the conclusion that even though hdr was enabled (the obvious graphical difference between each when enabled) windows could not recognize it. Upon further reading, I saw that apparently an HDMI 2.0 can solve all of my problems. Low and behold, windows now recognizes that HDR can be enabled yet my screen doesn't actually turn on HDR. HDR works while using my 1.4 HDMI port on my monitor but then I am stuck with 75hz. What's the deal? Does this connection not have the suitable bandwidth or is my HDMI 2.0 port defective? It is also important to note, Pixio clearly states on their amazon listing that HDR can only be enabled using HDMI 2.0 (why I bought it in the first place). My biggest question is, is HDR on in games and the games don't recognize it?

Solution
Hdr support from Hdmi 2.0a and DP 1.4.

Monitor manual specs says n/a for hdr and depending on monitor, above 60Hz over Hdmi is a manufacturer choice to implement.

boju

Titan
Ambassador

Monitor manual specs says n/a for hdr and depending on monitor, above 60Hz over Hdmi is a manufacturer choice to implement.

Solution

xander.dec

Reputable
May 13, 2018

Thank you for you reply. But the big question is why my monitor changes to what I presume is hdr mode when using a DP cable and windows does not recognize it.