Does HP Omen 2020 10th Gen Intel Core i5 has hdd slot ?

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Can't find anything definitive.
If memory serves though, the Omen's are fairly accessible, just remove the handful of screws on the underside to remove the cover. At that stage, it'll be pretty obvious whether you have a 2.5" drive bay or not

kinjalkishor

Reputable
Sep 10, 2017
Can't find anything definitive.
If memory serves though, the Omen's are fairly accessible, just remove the handful of screws on the underside to remove the cover. At that stage, it'll be pretty obvious whether you have a 2.5" drive bay or not
I do not have the laptop. I am thinking of buying. I cannot get info on this online.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
The 2019's (and older) had a 2.5" bay, but no 2020 config has an HDD by default. At this stage, I can't find any teardowns either.

OPtions are either going to be order & see, or wait for teardowns to appear.

kinjalkishor

Reputable
Sep 10, 2017
The 2019's (and older) had a 2.5" bay, but no 2020 config has an HDD by default. At this stage, I can't find any teardowns either.

OPtions are either going to be order & see, or wait for teardowns to appear.
Lenonvo Legion 5i/5 is also looking like a good option as it has ssd and hdd (for storing some data on internal memory) and numpad (which i need for other use) and 4-5 hrs battery life. I mostly want a productivity + gaming laptop which is durable with good battery life and has IPS display.
Probably I will have to wait some more months. Due to COVID all laptops are extra expensive.